GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Prepping for a DynoJet, I don't want to hear any shit so what settings do I request?

U-20T gave me these a while back:
CF = current J1349 JUN93
Smoothing = 5

I could care less about smoothing so I'm fine with it at 0 or off.

Just get the .drf files from the operator. Then its easy you can apply whatever setting you want.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just get the .drf files from the operator. Then its easy you can apply whatever setting you want.

Got deterred by a P0238 code, new MAP sensor still throws the code, need to check resistance and wiring next. I read that it could be due to an exhaust leak as well.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
A 450hp open diff GTI will be probably the slowest car on a road course. You might pull on the straights, put stock BRZ/miatas will be on your tail in the corners. What taking my car to the track has taught me is that you don't need power to be fast. Nor do you need power to get the "smile on your face effect" -- it's the driving experience that you get from pushing your car to the absolute limit.

If you're looking for fun on a road course, stick with the stock turbo. Do brakes, tires, good brake fluid and a LSD. After a few events and you get a feel for it then start adding power.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
So what turbo would you recommend from the gtx line for me I want no more then 400 whp and decent mid end and good high end just want something with a decent spool time.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
On idle with AC on

On idle with AC off

The timing behavior is very strange! I read timing retard while driving with and without load!
What do you think?

2009 ED30, stock SW.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Does anybody still use the n75 valve for their BT application? I keep finding conflicting info on changing to a mbc, ebc, or still using it.

I want to go with ATPs gtx2867r kit but I’m unsure of the n75 valve and if it will work. The plan is to stay internal wastegate and make upwards of 365whp.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody still use the n75 valve for their BT application? I keep finding conflicting info on changing to a mbc, ebc, or still using it.

I want to go with ATPs gtx2867r kit but I’m unsure of the n75 valve and if it will work. The plan is to stay internal wastegate and make upwards of 365whp.

Thanks!

ME and I would never leave it again, I've worked with aftermarket EBCs and if you care about driveability around town and better response, use the N75, I'm holding 30+ psi on an EFR7163.

ksandman

Ready to race!
ME and I would never leave it again, I've worked with aftermarket EBCs and if you care about driveability around town and better response, use the N75, I'm holding 30+ psi on an EFR7163.

Awesome to hear. Thanks man! If you don’t mind me bothering you for another question; do you have the n75 vac lines routed pretty much how it would come on the factory turbo?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
was tossing around the idea of doing this myself. tired of adjusting

It was the single greatest decision for tuning. Nothing will beat the N75. I was sick of downshifting all of the time for torque around town or to get my .85AR spooled up. The N75 builds torque with boost in random load conditions and makes the overall driving experience near factory again.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
It was the single greatest decision for tuning. Nothing will beat the N75. I was sick of downshifting all of the time for torque around town or to get my .85AR spooled up. The N75 builds torque with boost in random load conditions and makes the overall driving experience near factory again.

these were my exact thoughts after taking the car out last weekend