GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs Trailblazer SS

Beej1

Ready to race!
I had a tuned Jeep SRT8 before this, running a 13.2, which was consistent with a guy that had a tuned RWD TBSS. What's required to get these GTI's to run that?

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
I had a tuned Jeep SRT8 before this, running a 13.2, which was consistent with a guy that had a tuned RWD TBSS. What's required to get these GTI's to run that?

Low 13s consistently in a GTI? Honestly a k04 would be needed although at that point you are in the mid-high 12s.

Beej1

Ready to race!
Low 13s consistently in a GTI? Honestly a k04 would be needed although at that point you are in the mid-high 12s.

I've been leaning that direction actually. In your sig you have a 12.38 time listed. Do you have any supporting suspension/drivetrain mods/tires to run that time?

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
How far did you pull on your buddy? This guy basically had a 1/2 second jump on me while I downshifted. I'll admit, I figured he was going to gun it, so I was already starting to downshift when he hammered on it.

I knew those things were pretty fast, but never knew that they were pretty comparable to my stage 2. I wonder if he maybe had a tune - I didn't hear anything particularly noticeable from his exhaust, but I suppose it could be a simple stage 1 tune or something. Then again, it's hard to hear much of anything with the APR RSC TBE screaming behind me :)

It wasn't anything insane, maybe a half car, we were on some back roads but not something felt safe doing 100+ on.

As far as those GNX's are concerned.....I will never forget the first time I came across one. I was in high school at the time, never heard of one to be honest. I'm riding around with my buddy in my incredibly slow v6 camaro (3.4 liter with auto trans lol) but it had exhaust and intake so sounded somewhat fast when idling. Well this guy pulls up in his obviously built GNX, thing sounded like a boat. We take off from the light and all I hear is his engine bogging, I smile like I did something, then I goddamned jet flys past me. Never heard a turbo spool so loudly! It was just amazing. Always wanted one since that day....

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I pulled on my bosses stock 2007 TBSS RWD after he claimed it would smoke my chick car.

I have driven it a few times and i will say after 80 mph it feels like it falls on its face, and i think its entirely trans related. haha.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I had a HIGHLY modded TBSS prior to the GTI.

If you ever drive your boss's TBSS again and have a SAFE chance to get it above 120, you'll see that it gets its second wind about there. :D