GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Totalled the R?

penpal

Srs Bzns
So a lady cut me off at an intersection and slammed on her brakes. I ended up rear ending her, but luckily I had a witness saw her cut me off. Lady ended up getting charged. My car looks pretty bad, both fenders pushed back crumpled against the door, windshield cracked, both front airbags deployed, and the rad support pushed back to the engine.

Sorry I don't have better pics.

Norvix

Damn that really sucks man, although lucky you had a witness. Correct me if I’m wrong that looks like Newmarket, Driving around the GTA a good dash cam is pretty much necessary imo

Phur

Autocross Champion
I am so sorry. Are you okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Geeesh man r U ok? It's happening a lot in the 6 where people cut in front and light up the brakes. Hate it. Or as soon as you change lanes behind them the mash the brakes. I got two of the Canadian Tire dash cam for $50 Black Friday sale.. one goes in the front and I'm gonna put the second in the rear. Lil protection from the idiots

Biggest Q will be what damage is done to the frame. Sub frame, fenders and rad support can be replaced.

Hopefully it's cosmetic surgery only. Good luck mang

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Owwwwwch, that hurts just to look at it. Hope you are all right, I see the driver airbag deployed; I had a similar occurrence a few years ago with my A3 sportback, the damage was about the same, but it had significant hidden damage too. Insurance tried to fix it anyway, but it ended up being totaled.

Hope it works out ok for you.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you are so lucky a witness stayed to back your story. Otherwise you would be at fault. Lucky everyone is okay. Cars are replaceable even if its a inconvenience.

penpal

Srs Bzns
Ya I'm lucky there was a witness. Loved the car, spent so much money on it but tbh I hope it gets totalled. Both airbags are out and I doubt the car will ever be the same.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Sorry this happened to you, glad you are OK. Do go to a doctor & get checked out if you haven't done so yet. You never know what may pop up a few days or weeks later. That may also give you a bit of leverage with her insurance company should you need it.

You are very fortunate there was a witness there for you. I hope all goes well & her insurance makes you whole again.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Even though it looks bad I bet the car itself is structurally sound. The front nose of cars nowadays crumple like cardboard to help absorb impact. Car definitely won't be totaled. The exception is if the impact caused the engine to skip timing and it bent a valve or two. Then the new engine on top of the body work might do you in.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Why did the person just cut in front of you to slam on the brakes? What ever happened to just giving the finger and going about your way..

penpal

Srs Bzns
The person switched lanes right before the intersection without checking and was already 2 feet in front of me. As the light turned red she decided to slam on her brakes and I hit her. If you see the first pic my car is right at the line.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Ya noticed that. Sorry to hear. Glad your ok tho. It really bugs me when people don't look in there blind spot or even do the lazy lean in and check side mirrors.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk