GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

emissions test in Canada....more so Toronto

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
so i'm looking at buying this 2013 Golf R that's been APR stage 2+for about 3 years.

will this be a problem when i go about and do an emissions test?? will it pass emissions as it is tuned??

the owner tells me that an emissions test is NOT mandatory anymore when a car switches ownership; is THAT TRUE?? did something change at MTO??

i remember 2 years ago when my wife bought a car privately it needed a safety check AND an emissions test in order to switch ownership onto her name, but did something changed since then??

thanks.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Nice man... wicked if you can get it!!

Did you google or call MTO to find out for yourself if the seller is accurate about it?

Far as I know they test vehicles that are 7+ years.

And, doesn't matter if its tuned or not.. matters if you have any codes stored or if there are any dash lights speaking to check engine..

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Nice man... wicked if you can get it!!

Did you google or call MTO to find out for yourself if the seller is accurate about it?

Far as I know they test vehicles that are 7+ years.

And, doesn't matter if its tuned or not.. matters if you have any codes stored or if there are any dash lights speaking to check engine..

i know that you don't have to do an Etest for 7 years IF you buy teh car brand new (in this case like the present owner as he owns it), BUT what happens if he sells it to ME, and i'm NO longer the first owner, will i have to do an Etest in order to register teh car onto my name (regardless if the car is less then 7 years old)????

that's what i don't understand.....