GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rheostat

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Do ROW mk6's have rehostats? Has anyone done a retro fit? This was a popular fairly easy upgrade to mk4's and they didn't even have the necessary hardware installed.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Do ROW mk6's have rehostats? Has anyone done a retro fit? This was a popular fairly easy upgrade to mk4's and they didn't even have the necessary hardware installed.

What is this rheostat for?

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
ROW model will be equipped with the rheostat for the halogen headlights, the models equipped with HID don't need it since it auto levels with the leveler installed on the rear control arm.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I would think the leveling motors on the OEM bi-xenon could be controlled with this but it would be an expensive experiment.

You wouldn't be able to make changes on the fly but I think I remember seeing some VCDS settings that affect the illumination range.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Yea mine to but that guy was saying halogens have adjusting motors and rehostats. Thats what I don't think is right

I said ROW models with halogens are eqiupped with them, here in North America we do not have that option unless you retofit it.