GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California Coast Car Rental

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Hello all,
My buddy and I are flying out to LA and driving up the coast to San Francisco on a little road trip.

Our only options for car rentals are your normal rental places - does anyone know any good alternatives that would allow you to rent the car in LA and return up in San Francisco that exist?

In Chicago, we have some "Zip cars" but not sure on the distance restrictions, cost vs regular rental.

Just thought I could try to find more of a "driver's car" instead of your regular economy box...

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Enterprise for sure does. Hertz does not allow returns at branches other than where you rented as of July 2015 outside of extenuating circumstances or if you pay extra. I work with them on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I was just looking for a more "fun" car if you will - an economy car is just fine, but I find anything better is about twice as much. Just curious if anyone had some experience. I usually only rent cars for a day or two and not a full week.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I've done most of my car rentals through Costco. You book the reservation through them and pick it up at one of the major rental places.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Try relayrides.com a whole lot of cars to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thats a really cool website and a few GTIs on there!

I would but...we have to drop off in San Francisco, I really think that is the only catch to our trip. But I'll definitely consider this site for renting when I drop/pick off at the same spot.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
If you really want to get crazy, check out Club Sportiva. I believe they have LA and SF locations.