GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(modified?) 750LI vs I/E 370Z

EvoX1

Ready to race!
I was getting onto the highway last night when this kid in a 2009+ 750LI with quad exhaust cuts me off and hits the brakes, so naturally i hit the brakes too, then he took off. I lost site of him momentarily and continued to cruise, and around the bend, there he was driving slow, waiting for me. So we line up (he honked it off about a car length ahead of me) and take off around 70mph at his back bumper. I started to pull on him near the top of 3rd at 90 mph, by 120 he was at my back bumper and he stayed there until we let of around 155-160(yes i was in 6th gear).

Now im think it must have had slight modifications

A) because they are limited to 130mph and
B) they dont come with quad exhaust...

Anyways im surprised i kept up at highspeed. Its a TT V12 or V8 if im not mistaken.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
750 is a v8 iirc. 760 is the v12... either way im not really sure how the hell that thing kept up with you. id like to know what the kid had in it. between weight and power that thing is pretty much a slug. more "class" than "haul ass"

Are you sure it wasn't an M5?

EvoX1

Ready to race!
750 is a v8 iirc. 760 is the v12... either way im not really sure how the hell that thing kept up with you. id like to know what the kid had in it. between weight and power that thing is pretty much a slug. more "class" than "haul ass"

Are you sure it wasn't an M5?

It was definetly a newer 750LI. Since he was sitting next to my window most of the race o could hear his turbos... Pretty loud. They trap 108 in the 1/4 stock btw. Anyways it had no limiter and quad exhaust.

It makes 405 hp and 450tq @ 4600 lbs... It must have been slightly modified...

I have my buddy over here that just came in from new york to help me out next time we meet...

Last edited:

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
It was definetly a newer 750LI. Since he was sitting next to my window most of the race o could hear his turbos... Pretty loud. They trap 108 in the 1/4 stock btw. Anyways it had no limiter and quad exhaust.

It makes 405 hp and 450tq @ 4600 lbs... It must have been slightly modified...

very interesting..

according to the BMW website it's a TT v8 in the 750. making 400hp... i guess a tune on one of those would help out quite a bit.

ImmI

Ready to race!
Most German cars are limited to 155, if it's limited to 130 it must be a US thing

I think OP could easily distinguish between a 750 and an M5 lol

Don't underestimate those things, it's definitely not a slug by any means even in stock form. Since it's boosted, it's easy to get extra power out of them.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I have seen some pretty strong numbers from those TTV8s. Hamman made 720HP on the new M5 engine with tuning and a few bolt ons =).

I have personally never raced or driven the 7er but i would say that thing sounds like a beast.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I have seen some pretty strong numbers from those TTV8s. Hamman made 720HP on the new M5 engine with tuning and a few bolt ons =).

I have personally never raced or driven the 7er but i would say that thing sounds like a beast.

Hey boosted_r56,

Do you have a build thread by any chance on any forum? I'd love to see more of your awesome car :)

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion