GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Bouillabaisse from Parkers in Downers Grove

mmmmmmmhhHHHMMMhhhmmMmMMMMM dat Parker's, doe.

What do you love about the burbs?

quiet. yards. parks. lower taxes. better schools. hotter milfs. idk. its different. I like the city too. It really depends on what you like, and what you got going on in life. I dont hate the city by any means.

they like hating. saying o wow, yeah.

Nailed it.

The burbs are terrible

this^

^ that

You're a car guy.

PacNW is not for you. Unless by "car guy" you self identify as a 48 year old lesbian who enjoys her Subaru Forester. NTTAWTT.

I lived in Seattle. It's beautiful. Green. Mountains. Temperate weather. I remember taking a motorcycle ride on New Year's Day... because I could. Did a lot of group motorcycle rides into Oregon chasing the Cascade Mountain range.

But there is NO car culture. They all hate cars up there. Evil environment destroying pollution spurting symbols of capitalism.

Racetracks... you have Portland International Raceway outside Portland. You have Pacific Raceway, south end of Seattle area.

Otherwise... you're driving into Cali. More than 3 hours. It's ~5 hours from Portland just to the CA border. I think the track that's the most north would be Thunderhill - and you're talking ~8 hours from Portland.

I know we've all been negative around here.... but just relaying my experience. It was really a culture shock to me when I moved there since most everything I like to do in my spare time centers around cars. So used to Chicago.... autocrosses and track days just about every weekend.

Out there, they're almost unheard of.

hell yeah.

Oh wow straight from the source

^

I took this of my old Mk4 (note the ACCCC sticker!) along the OR coast, a few hours south of Portland.

It's beautiful, don't get me wrong. The coastal and mountain drives were awesome.

But I was pretty much alone in my enjoyment of driving.

oh wow

Something about the ocean tho. I could sit and stare at it for hours. I wish California wasn't so F'ed up. Moving there would be a no-brainer for me then.

What's weird is... whenever I go back to LA for work... every night, once the day is over... I drive down the hill to Malibu and sit on the beach until it gets totally dark, just watching and listening.

My co-workers (most of them grew up in SoCal) don't get it. They want to know what's so exciting about staring at water.

:iono:

Those SSR wheels?

yep, I love love love the ocean. Whether its RI, Cali, or SW coast... gorgeous.

I get it :smoking:

^ this

that^

constitutional carry. real maple syrup. good lobsters. ocean, and 3 hours north of there the windiest place on earth. no huge cities.

NE is rad. Love dat RI. (see above)

Holy shit. I have a busy day and work and chi chat blows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ that

Dis jakes doe

wow.. def NOT healthy, but tasty, doe.

Cristine’s parent company headquarters is in Atlanta, so we might end up there someday.

tracks everywhere.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Don’t know if I’d go that far. FL is crazy AF. I’d take the keys though.
Lake city is nice and so is Stuart. Probably stay around that area. Used to live in both cities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.