GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded from 188KW to 199KW by error??

zeonic

mmm.... beer
Does that change the settings for the speed limits and all the others the original poster mentioned up above? Because I seem to have read somewhere in the post that this wasn't possible by simply just using VAG-COM.

Not sure, but one would assume it would. It's all tied together so I would think once you switch the region all the assigned setting for that location would load up. Best way to test is to find a local with a vag-com, or invest in one. They are worth it.

GolfRrrr

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure, but one would assume it would. It's all tied together so I would think once you switch the region all the assigned setting for that location would load up. Best way to test is to find a local with a vag-com, or invest in one. They are worth it.

interested to see if VAG-COM can do what the OP has stated when changing the region

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!

Sent from my iPhone with typos.

Rocconist

I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!.

But is the bhp rating in the GTI (factory spec'd for EUR @ 210?) similarly capped down as in the case of the R (250 vs original spec 265)?

GolfRrrr

Passed Driver's Ed
I changed the region in mine to ROR rest of world with vagcom, to cancel all the chims and speed limit, i very highly doubt this could have changed the performance limits!

xHeartcoreboyx what else did it change? Is it the same as the OP?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The GTI is advertised to have 210HP while the scirocco is advertised to have 200HP and slower 0-60 ehich shows that all these numbers are just marketing.

Yes, it made the same changes as TAZZ described.