GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i need new bulbs!

allset

Go Kart Champion
I would eventually invest in the projector headlamp so u can use HID. they not only look better but the light output is incredible. u can see so much better. Once u start using HID u will hate driving at night with halogens.

chrisshev

Passed Driver's Ed
I had HID in my 01 S4 and boy where they awesome...So what brands are the best right now? Does anyone have any experience with them?

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Uspmotorsports.com has an hid kit with no errors that will be thrown on your fog lights I think they're $99 but plug and play :)

chrisshev

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you think putting in HID kits into lights not designed for them is good? (Heat and beam pattern) My thing is I know when I am heading towards a car that has HID with out the proper light it's almost blinding. To each his own but it's a safety thing. Does anyone feel the same way? I'm not against it I just don't have much experience with them.

cbursten

Banned
In reference to the 7K comment your friend made, research 'color temperature'. 'Xenon' in itself doesn't have any bearing on what the light will actually look like (color). HID bulbs all have a color temperature as well, so that's also misleading.

Your friend was pointing you in a better direction anyone in here has so far.

allset

Go Kart Champion
In reference to the 7K comment your friend made, research 'color temperature'. 'Xenon' in itself doesn't have any bearing on what the light will actually look like (color). HID bulbs all have a color temperature as well, so that's also misleading.

Your friend was pointing you in a better direction anyone in here has so far.

Yah, read my first post...

allset

Go Kart Champion
Do you think putting in HID kits into lights not designed for them is good? (Heat and beam pattern) My thing is I know when I am heading towards a car that has HID with out the proper light it's almost blinding. To each his own but it's a safety thing. Does anyone feel the same way? I'm not against it I just don't have much experience with them.

Not necesarily bad for the car but bad for blinding oncoming traffic. Its actually illeagal in the UK to use HIDs in halogen equipped heads.

It may also be in the US in some states

chrisshev

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to say its probably not legal in the US as well..lol So where does that leave us? It's funny this post went up because I was looking into this last night? Who makes the clearest and brightest bulb right now?

cbursten

Banned
Yah, read my first post...

I did. Xenon lamps produce light using an electric arc instead of filament. This has no bearing upon what color the light output will be, so I don't know what your point is.

You can get a xenon bulb in any color of the light spectrum between 2500K and 12,000K.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I did. Xenon lamps produce light using an electric arc instead of filament. This has no bearing upon what color the light output will be, so I don't know what your point is.

You can get a xenon bulb in any color of the light spectrum between 2500K and 12,000K.

my point was i explained that his friend was refering to HID's and he is looking for H7 "xenon" bulbs which is the real misleading labeling

xenon is a nobel gas.. change the amount of current through it and it gives u the range of color temps 4500k 6000k etc.

so what r u talking about?

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to say its probably not legal in the US as well..lol So where does that leave us? It's funny this post went up because I was looking into this last night? Who makes the clearest and brightest bulb right now?

ive never heard of anyone being ticketed for them but thats just around NYC. If its on the books, im sure some cop has done it.

some shops have detectors that measure the Lux output and beam spread to tell u if it will blind somone.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Where? All bulb light output is measured in degrees Kelvin (K), not just HID's/xenons. Do your research, please.

yah dude, i know.

he doesnt want HID's.... move along if ur not going to help huh?

allset

Go Kart Champion
Where? All bulb light output is measured in degrees Kelvin (K), not just HID's/xenons. Do your research, please.

and in the mod world 99% of the time if some one is refereing to head lamps in kelvin they are refering to HID's

come on now, lets not be silly.

and just to prove ur clueless...bulb output as u stated above is not measured in Kelvin output is measured in Lumens or Lux. Wavelength or color is measued in Kelvin.

I need to do research? Putz...

Last edited: