GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL Light, then EPC

qshashaa

Ready to race!
I'm APR stage 1 with a magnaflow CB . Was running my car hard one night with a friend and a CEL came on. Had some yougurt and went to turn on my car the light went away. 2 weeks later I'm running my car normally and the EPC light comes on. I decided to take it to a friend where he can diagnose it. The computer showed Fuel Rail Pressure too high 36 times. I've read about people getting the same error but 36 times? I doubt the dealers will do anything about it, because the EPC light is off now. Does anyone know why this error is so frequent? I'd appreciate any input, thanks.

allset

Go Kart Champion

allset

Go Kart Champion
have u noticed any power loss with the code? when u clear the code do u notice it perform better?

cbursten

Banned
Clearing the code just removes the 'soft code' from the ECU. It's still there, and it won't do anything to fix the problem, unfortunately.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Clearing the code just removes the 'soft code' from the ECU. It's still there, and it won't do anything to fix the problem, unfortunately.

clearing the code resets the fuel trim which, in my 18 month battle with this code, brought the power back until p0088 would throw again. Its fueling related so the Lambda and fuel trims are effected. Clearing codes starts u from zero to remap

allset

Go Kart Champion
It wont fix it but may temp bring the power back so he can get some idea of the systems affected.

cbursten

Banned
have u noticed any power loss with the code? when u clear the code do u notice it perform better?

clearing the code resets the fuel trim which, in my 18 month battle with this code, brought the power back until p0088 would throw again. Its fueling related so the Lambda and fuel trims are effected. Clearing codes starts u from zero to remap

I guess you answered your own question then. :iono:

allset

Go Kart Champion
I guess you answered your own question then. :iono:

yes and no..not everyone who gets p0088 gets the power loss. some just get the code and thats it. VW replaced my entire fuel system from the in tank pump to all 4 injectors trying to address that code.

His symptoms will be telling on the problem

qshashaa

Ready to race!
No power loss, however when I switch from stock to 91 I feel like the boost is so strong then it tones down but that was since I it the tune , if I wanted more power I go back to stock then to 91 only did that 4 times, but generally no power loss

allset

Go Kart Champion
No power loss, however when I switch from stock to 91 I feel like the boost is so strong then it tones down but that was since I it the tune , if I wanted more power I go back to stock then to 91 only did that 4 times, but generally no power loss

if the code is still in the DTC, try clearing it. My power loss would happen gradually so its hard to notice. But once i would clear the code. wham, instant power would return, night and day difference.\

qshashaa

Ready to race!
The lights are no longer there but just the fact of knowing it happened 36 times bothers me, I might go back to stock for the sake of my engines reliability. I'm starting to doubt the software on my car and the impact it's having on the components

qshashaa

Ready to race!
UPDATE: Check engine light came back on and this time decided to stay on. My friend was with me in the car and he said switch it back to stock mode so i gave it a try. I stopped switched my program from (91 octane) file to stock file, started the car and the check engine light went off. Does anyone have any idea of whats going on? Has this ever happened to anyone before with an APR tune? I'm going to go to my tuner shop next week and hopefully they can shed some light to this weirdness.

qshashaa

Ready to race!
cel, some miles later, epc, 400 miles later, cel

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 141
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 157