GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

anticon

Ready to race!
Here's the really funny thing about it - this happened literally 15 minutes after the warranty officially expired. No joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Here's the really funny thing about it - this happened literally 15 minutes after the warranty officially expired. No joke.

Dude, that's scary shit. Wtf happened, were there any signs or sounds/smells moments before? Explosion? What were you doing...etc

anticon

Ready to race!
No signs. I was just driving down the highway and noticed a lack of power, then a total loss of power and pulled over. I did just have an oil leak serviced under warranty by the dealership. Just got it back Tuesday.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
No signs. I was just driving down the highway and noticed a lack of power, then a total loss of power and pulled over. I did just have an oil leak serviced under warranty by the dealership. Just got it back Tuesday.

Maybe the leak wasn't fixed, and oil hit the exhaust?

My condolences man, I hope everything works out in your favor.

Cyrok

Passed Driver's Ed
Crazy scary! This makes me want to buy a mini fire extinguisher just in case, glad you're ok and hope ur insurance takes care of you! [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion

That's a horrifying thought. I'm having an oil leak fixed right now.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I still think we need to wait and actually figure out what caused the fire before blaming carista
It could be a whole number of different things

That was an engine fire
You didn't do anything related to the engine with carista

Most likely fuel related fire

^^^ My thoughts too.

Wow no fun at all. Glad you escaped the flames. I'm not a fire marshal, but it doesn't look like an electrical fire to me. Fuel leak or oil leak + a hot turbo & you have the recipe for a large fire. Hope the insurance company makes you whole again. Let us know what they say the cause of the fire was.

PS your car was NOT modded.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Got a P0145 code and P2275 code yesterday on the way home from Fastivus. I cleared the codes this morning when I got to work so we will see if they come back on my commute home later.

anticon

Ready to race!

My condolences man, I hope everything works out in your favor.

Maybe. It originated at the rear of the engine bay. The leak was from the cam ladder seal.

Phur

Autocross Champion
What has your insurance company / VW had to say? I just can't even imagine... [emoji22]

Phur

Autocross Champion
This was taken the evening of November 18. The night that I took possession of the car.

... And this afternoon...

I have now put more miles on it than the previous owner. It may sound stupid but it just feels a bit more mine.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
This was taken the evening of November 18. The night that I took possession of the car.

... And this afternoon...

I have now put more miles on it than the previous owner. It may sound stupid but it just feels a bit more mine.

It was yours the moment you signed your name brother. Mod life!

anticon

Ready to race!
What has your insurance company / VW had to say? I just can't even imagine... [emoji22]

Nothing really yet. Claims agent is supposed to call tomorrow.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Got my black out LEDS from another forum member, quick easy install!

Phur

Autocross Champion