GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED DRL CODING ISSUES

geramy1232

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 GTI with bi-xenon headlights and no led DRL’s so I installed OEM bi-xenon headlights with the led DRL’s. I believe I have a highline CECM so it must be no issue. I believe I coded everything as I should to get the LED’s turned on but they wont turn on. If you guys have any input please let me know what I should do. Idk if it’s a coding issue or a wire issue in the light harness. Here is a picture of my last coding configuration I have on the car now and LED are not functioning. Everything else is working perfect including high beam.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
You'll need to go to byte 18 and select a different option there. Try either 1F, 04, 20, or 21.

Thank you for your response. I have tried 20 and 04 on byte 18 but haven’t tried the other two. I’ll check on it and get back with you guys if it worked or didn’t work.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Also can someone confirm if I have the highline CECM part number is 1k0 937 087 G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Need help guys, tried to code byte 18 to does but had no luck. None of the led DRL are turning on. Coded byte 18 to 04 and now it is saying check left side DRL as if the right was working but isn’t either.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The led drl’s need physically wiring to the bcm.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Also can someone confirm if I have the highline CECM part number is 1k0 937 087 G

The part number is not conclusive proof! (Although most with that number are suitable) That part number may or may not have the capability for led control, You need to check if it has the pins for the LED’s, it’s a single wire for each headlight, the led drl coding is separate from byte 18,

geramy1232

Ready to race!
The part number is not conclusive proof! (Although most with that number are suitable) That part number may or may not have the capability for led control, You need to check if it has the pins for the LED’s, it’s a single wire for each headlight, the led drl coding is separate from byte 18,

Thank you for your response and I have checked the wiring diagram and it looks like they are where they’re suppose to be.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Now, the only difference I saw from the wires were pin 11 on the connector to the light. On the wiring diagram it states that, that wire should go to pin 5 of the t52a but for me it is in pin 48 of t52c. But to me it’s kind of weird because in some other threads of golf’s retroffiting these headlights, they put it on pin 48(left headlight) and 49(right headlight) of t52c.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Now, the only difference I saw from the wires were pin 11 on the connector to the light. On the wiring diagram it states that, that wire should go to pin 5 of the t52a but for me it is in pin 48 of t52c. But to me it’s kind of weird because in some other threads of golf’s retroffiting these headlights, they put it on pin 48(left headlight) and 49(right headlight) of t52c.

Ignore the printed green and purple diagram (well don’t rely on it), it is for halogen to HID, I didn’t realise you had factory fitted xenons, basically you need to make sure you have a wire (1 each, left and right) going from the correct pin on the headlight plug to the correct pin on the BCM, start by checking the bcm plugs to see if there is a wire in the correct spot.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Ignore the printed green and purple diagram (well don’t rely on it), it is for halogen to HID, I didn’t realise you had factory fitted xenons, basically you need to make sure you have a wire (1 each, left and right) going from the correct pin on the headlight plug to the correct pin on the BCM, start by checking the bcm plugs to see if there is a wire in the correct spot.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. The blue and white wire on this diagram for me is on t52c pin 48 but pin 11 at the headlight connector. Should I change it to pin 5 on t52A? Because that module supposedly is the left side headlamp power output and I am getting power to that light with it on pin 48 on t52c.