GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC Gamers?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Niss. SC2 is a ridiculous learning curve. It use to be pretty easy to familiarize yourself with it, and there was a very linear curve in skill, nowadays with so many youtube casts and live streams your average player is way more skilled than your average player from back in SC1/BW...You pretty much have to devote your time to watching casts or playing with better people to even get anywhere, otherwise it's the equivalent of handing a person a 15,000 piece lego set with no instructions and telling them to get to it!

All I can say is, after getting "good" at SC2, and that's an over statement probably, I can really respect the Asian gamers, and the other americans/eu players out there that play this at GSL level, I thought learning chess was tough, SC2 is a whole nother ball game. Makes chess look like a dumbed down version of checkers.

I'm down to play CS:GO with you glory (acdc102), MW3 too, or Black ops. I've even got some friends you can tag a long with us in CS:GO, lots of fun ensues.

Edit:

Also, my rigs are as follows

KNIGHT aka dust collector/ohshitlaptopdied - Some ranodm XBLADEZ case, ordered wrong one off newegg 8 years ago, didn't care enough to return, it's awfully gawdy but w/e. Currently has a Asus P5QE Mobo, Quad Core clocked at 3.2Ghz, Radeon 4850, 200G HDD, 4 Gig Ram

ORION - G73JW I ordered through Xoticpc.com, First gen i7 clocked at 1.78Ghz, Nvidia 460M, 128G SSD 500 HDD, 10 Gig Ram - Was instantly sold that it was styled after an F117 Stealth Bomber, lol. Bit of an impulse buy at the time (2 years ago) but I don't regret it, it still runs everything that I play at better than acceptable frames.

UNKNOWN - New Laptop comes in tomorrow, pulled the trigger with Razer and got the refreshed, or R2 version or the Razer Blade laptop. Trades off pure power for sleek/sexy/portability and on paper sounds like the perfect machine for me. Benchmarks at about 3-4 times my current laptop, which I said plays everything at high rates already...sooooo I'm basically becoming future proofed (for me) and getting a light, sexier looking beast.

G73 is up for sale though if anyone is interested :) - Putting the money towards updating the Wife's computer. Hers is just about the lines as my Desktop except a 64 gig SSD I think, with a 500 HDD external and a Radeon 6750. Looking to get her a new, bigger SSD, new Mobo, i7 or i5, maybe a new video card if there's anything left over :D

Anyone think 1,000 is too pricey for what the G73 has? After putting all the extras I put on it, the total price tag was around 2500 new, so I think that price is fair :/

Last edited:

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Nah it was Protoss. Actually uninstalled it waiting on the expansions that were supposed to provide a Protoss and Zerg campaign...

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Any semi-serious audio work with a bunch of orchestra samples and whatnot can easily use up piles and piles of RAM. I'll be running 32 GB on my next PC for that purpose.

Yep, precisely what the ram is for. I make music on my free time and those high quality samples take a ton of room if you don't want to continually be rendering. I used to have 8gb in my old rig and it would max out in about 30 mins. Biggest offender is session drummer, basically a midi plugin using high quality samples.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
oh lawd

currently:

BF3
LoL
Gmod(TTT)
Minecraft(TIMV)
The Hidden
Skyrim

what i used to/will play every now and then:
WoW(bad bad bad bad addiction, dont start playing it)
AC:B
AC:R
(when i buy it) AC:3
SC2
CS:Source
TF2
Planetside 2(once i get beta access)

and my setup:
Case: Antec Eleven-Hundred
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LX
CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.1ghz
CPU Cooler: Antec H2o Kuhler 620
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw Sniper X Series 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD(OS/Games): Mushkin Sata III 120gb
HDD(Files/Other stuff): Western Digital Sata III 500gb
Optical 1: Sony CD/DVD Reader
Optical 2: Antec CD/DVD Burner
Video: XfX ATI Radeon 6970 HD
PSU: Corsair 750W(cant remember the exact model), too lazy to check
Case Cooling: Two 120mm Antec "Quiet LED" series fans (Intake); One 200m antec LED fan (Exhaust).

Brexin

Ready to race!
Mainly just bf3, think i finally kicked my mmo addictions. Bought max Payne but can't get it to work. If anyone knows the steam fix please let me know. My name is either brexin or brexxin on there

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I was pretty into StarCraft years ago but only for fun with friends and custom maps. Does anyone play SC2 that way or is it all a bunch of competitive people? I've been meaning to buy it but have zero interest in super hardcore competition. I prefer to have a few drinks while playing :lol:

Also, downloaded Planetside 2 beta last night to try out this weekend. Never got a chance to try the original but it seemed like the best way for me to actually enjoy an FPS game so I'm glad they made another one. Hopefully it will be good.

kashak

Ready to race!
I enjoy playing old games mostly. HOMM3, diablo 2, fallout 1/2(every year or so), serious sam series(coop with gf), Q3A, torchlight 2. Recently played baldur's gate 2 and sacred(german diablo clone). Vanilla WoW was nice.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
oh lawd

currently:

BF3
LoL
Gmod(TTT)
Minecraft(TIMV)
The Hidden
Skyrim

what i used to/will play every now and then:
WoW(bad bad bad bad addiction, dont start playing it)
AC:B
AC:R
(when i buy it) AC:3
SC2
CS:Source
TF2
Planetside 2(once i get beta access)

and my setup:
Case: Antec Eleven-Hundred
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LX
CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.1ghz
CPU Cooler: Antec H2o Kuhler 620
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw Sniper X Series 2x4GB 1600MHz
SSD(OS/Games): Mushkin Sata III 120gb
HDD(Files/Other stuff): Western Digital Sata III 500gb
Optical 1: Sony CD/DVD Reader
Optical 2: Antec CD/DVD Burner
Video: XfX ATI Radeon 6970 HD
PSU: Corsair 750W(cant remember the exact model), too lazy to check
Case Cooling: Two 120mm Antec "Quiet LED" series fans (Intake); One 200m antec LED fan (Exhaust).

Dude I would love to play some TTT and Hidden with joo.

Do you watch SeaNanners youtube casts for those games?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I think one would argue that you NOT playing these games makes you cool? Either way you can't lose if you have bewbz. You're always cool then. Unless you're a guy, then whatever you are you're not cool.