GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

front bumper

bebersol

Ready to race!
has anyone had the front bumper skin off their R? what is the plastic made of? TPO?

thanks

bebersol

Ready to race!
Thanks,

I'll bet you right!

the adhesives and paint bonding preps are very different, I didn't want to pull the bumper and then have to wait a week for materials.

bebersol

Ready to race!
I removed the bumper cover last night and the R's bumper cover is indeed a PP + EPDM TD (a blend of polypropylene with unvulcanised ethylene propylene rubber/elastomer) Thank you Tony48!

bebersol

Ready to race!
wipers not workinng

so I removed the bumper skin an my paint guys did an awesome job on the paint and repair.

So I reassembled the car, with an added lower grill screen to stop rock damage to the A/C evaporator.

as it would turnout, I ended up with 2 extra screws, so off came the bumper and I found where the missing culprets belonged.

So bumber back on, lighting tests completed, I was buttoning the trim up (again). It began to mist so I hit my wiper switch and nothing.... what?

I ran VAGCOM and it showed a wisker (wiper) error.

I decided to read the forum.
Someone posted an issue 3 years ago that their wipes only worked when the car was moving and that the hood showed open on the MFI. I hadn't closed the hood on my car in days.

So I went to the garage, and closed the hood, and presto, the wipers work.

thanks to this forum another heart attack averted. :thumbup:

I'll post the before and after or the repair soon.

bebersol

Ready to race!
20190109_124117.jpg

20190210_143600.jpg