GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

ahard48

Ready to race!
I feel the cost to purchase these wheels and the cost to redrill will be just as much as getting a decent set of 5x112's.

torga

Autocross Champion
What set are they? Maybe we can help you find something. I had a 95 Celica with a 5x100 lug pattern and ALL the good wheels were 5x114.3 (only 5x114 - the universal wheels always had bad offsets). I got good at searching for wheels lol

ahard48

Ready to race!
ohhhhhh futuras are nice nice

zef

Drag Racing Champion
255/35/18 Hoosier R7's on Motegi MR140 18x8.5 +45. Hits the strut in the front, needs a 5mm spacer to clear (barely). Might have to go to a 7-8mm to totally prevent rubbing. Thankfully seibon fenders give room to play with. Rears clear totally fine but poke a tad.

Hoosiers run very wide, so this 255 is likely closer to a 275 street tire. For reference, the section width of a 255/35/18 R7 is 10.8" with a 10.3" tread with...a 275/35/18 RE71R has a section width of 10.9 with a 10" tread width.

Rear:

Front w/ 5mm spacer:

Front Seibons (not sure if this is w/ or w/o spacer):

Barely clears brembos:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Would 19 x 8.5 ET45 rims with 225/35/19 tires rub or have issues with a stock suspension? What about if upgraded shocks/struts with DG springs are installed?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Would 19 x 8.5 ET45 rims with 225/35/19 tires rub or have issues with a stock suspension? What about if upgraded shocks/struts with DG springs are installed?

Should be fine....8.5 ET45 is pretty much the "go to" setup for these cars...although most people running that setup have the car lowered (making it look better). Stock height...it looks a little goofy

225's, with a 35 sidewall, might have a little stretched/rubber band look though...hope you have smooth roads out there, lol

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Should be fine....8.5 ET45 is pretty much the "go to" setup for these cars...although most people running that setup have the car lowered (making it look better). Stock height...it looks a little goofy

225's, with a 35 sidewall, might have a little stretched/rubber band look though...hope you have smooth roads out there, lol

Thanks for info.

So, would 235s provide a more "square" setup? Would that increase the likelihood of rubbing?

When I upgrade my shocks and struts, I will likely mate it up with DG springs since that seems like it's the closest to stock feel with the least amount of drop. I think that's what I want. IMO, an appealing look whether I'm on stock or aftermarket wheels.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
235's on the 19x8.5's should not be a issue or rub either and won't be 100% square but will look better than the 225's would (again, because 19's and a shorter sidewall now versus, say, 18's)

The 8.5 ET45's are going to be 19mm out over your stock wheels....that's why I was saying it might look a little goofy at stock height or with a minor drop. With a little negative camber, from lowering it, they sit a lot better/perfect

ckwhon

Hi guys, just bought a set of 18 x 8.5 offset 38. Running on 225 40 18, test fitted OK without tyres but anyone has experience with this setup? I don't want to roll any fender. Slight camber is OK for me. Will it hit the struts? Stock height now but has a set of used H&R Sport Spring to go with.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hi guys, just bought a set of 18 x 8.5 offset 38. Running on 225 40 18, test fitted OK without tyres but anyone has experience with this setup? I don't want to roll any fender. Slight camber is OK for me. Will it hit the struts? Stock height now but has a set of used H&R Sport Spring to go with.

I've got 18x8.5 +45 with 225/40 in the front and I don't hit the strut, so you'll be fine. With that offset, you may have to run a tiny bit of camber.
Rears will be fine.

virtualbong

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at some S5 peelers that are 19x9 et33. I assume this would be OK but can't for the life of me find anything directly stating this in any thread. Can anyone with experience chime in?

Also how does one confirm that runs are genuine audi ones?

Attachments

• 67721E9E-9972-4A5C-858B-BD338F479320.jpeg
    67721E9E-9972-4A5C-858B-BD338F479320.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 139