GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Challenges of a Dirty Car

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I always passed on the dealership brillo scrub car wash, thanks. Hand wash myself only.

I think it's a big reason why I still get compliments on how "clean" my car looks after I wash it...minimal haze, holograming, swirls and spiderwebbing...even after 150K+ miles. And, it's going on 4 years since I polished it last.

Dealership car washes are generally done by some newb that really isn't careful with the process. I remember taking my car in for one of the early "complimentary services" after I got it. I specifically told them to not wash my car and depending on which service advisor I dealt with, I'd get some odd looks. The "car people" totally got it though.

When I went to pick my car up, I could see the dealership gopher washing a Jetta on the side of the building. He's using some grungy mitt to wash the car and accidentally drops it on the ground. He picks it up, slaps it back on the hood of the vehicle and goes to town like nothing happened.

*shudder*

Such a crime.

I was driving past Eager Bever a few weeks ago and they were using this kind of brush https://images.homedepot-static.com...oice-car-washing-supplies-4b339-6-64_1000.jpg

It's just like wtf...you guys are a car wash place, it's all you do, you should definitely know better.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
with aj. hand wash only using very careful techniques.

OP the 'easy' way around it is, if you are mostly seeing the hatch get dirty halfway through the week, get a waterless washing system- ammonyc sells an amazing kit with a pump atomizer bottle, so you don't need to use a hose (if you DON'T HAVE ONE). So you can easily wash the car or just the rear with the pump, waterless wash soap, and a few high quality microfiber towels.

This is what i do from time to time when the rest of my car looks clean enough but the hatch area, being white, is just dirty looking as can be.

Coogie

Ready to race!
with aj. hand wash only using very careful techniques.

OP the 'easy' way around it is, if you are mostly seeing the hatch get dirty halfway through the week, get a waterless washing system- ammonyc sells an amazing kit with a pump atomizer bottle, so you don't need to use a hose (if you DON'T HAVE ONE). So you can easily wash the car or just the rear with the pump, waterless wash soap, and a few high quality microfiber towels.

This is what i do from time to time when the rest of my car looks clean enough but the hatch area, being white, is just dirty looking as can be.

I like the waterless washing idea. I don’t have a hose. I’ll order a kit.

I’m going to go home to work remote for half the day to avoid rain...I’m either dedicated or crazy. lol

torga

Autocross Champion
I like the waterless washing idea. I don’t have a hose. I’ll order a kit.

I’m going to go home to work remote for half the day to avoid rain...I’m either dedicated or crazy. lol

Not crazy - I'd do the same if I could work remotely lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^even if keeping my car out of the rain isn't a factor haha

gotta add that I also can't believe some of the practices i've seen at car washes.

sunce868

you can do this yourself or bring it to a car detailer. You can wash it, then clay bar it, then wax it. It makes a difference. Even if it still gets dirty quickly, with a good wax coating, just rinse with water will wash the dirt right off.

Many wax coating products out there now help preventing (do a better job) at keeping the car from catching dirt.

Coogie

Ready to race!
you can do this yourself or bring it to a car detailer. You can wash it, then clay bar it, then wax it. It makes a difference. Even if it still gets dirty quickly, with a good wax coating, just rinse with water will wash the dirt right off.

Many wax coating products out there now help preventing (do a better job) at keeping the car from catching dirt.

Don’t have access to hose, so have to take somewhere to be washed. Thankful for the touch-less car washes. I’ve been planning to clay bar and wax. I have the products. Need some better weather in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk