GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken front sway bar endlink, replacement advice?

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I recently heard some clunking coming from from my driver side wheel area and found that my sway bar endlink broke off where it mounts to the strut. I'm lowered to a 1 finger finger gap (or slightly less) between the fender and tire all around on ST coils. I'll be replacing them with Koni coils at around the same ride height.

Should I get adjustable front and rear endlinks while I'm at it or is replacing them with OEM fine? If I do go adjustable, any brand recommendations and should I take the preload off of the sway bar when installing since this is my daily driver?

Another random thing to note is that ever since I installed my coilovers and wheels a few years ago, my car has always had a small drift to the right. I got new tires, swapped wheels, fiddled with the coilover height, and got numerous alignments which never fixed the issue. Now that my front left swaybar endlink is broken and off the car, the car seems to track reasonably straight. Could excessive preload from the stock endlinks cause my car to constantly drift?

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
Powergrid Inc endlink front and rear.

Talk to Chip.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
My buddy's GTI 6MT also having the same clunk noise. We'll check it out right after we finished installing the new rack and truxedo bed covers on his current truck project. Which kit did you end up with?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Get meyle HD from ecs. Great price e for a stronger endlink.

TakmaN

Ready to race!
Ended up going with the Superpro kit since it was a little cheaper than Whitelines. I'm also on the stock sway bars so figure I won't need the extra strength claimed to be offered by the Whitelines.

I'm going to stray away from stock endlinks with my coilover setup. My car actually seems to track straighter and handle great now that my driver's side front endlink is gone lol. I'm guessing the sway bar preload was pretty high with the stock endlinks installed. Going to get the new coils and adjustable endlinks installed in a few weeks and will report back with my thoughts.