GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Activating European Variable Light Distribution

Hi all, after searching through a bunch of auto-scans on the Ross-Tech website, I stumbled across an auto scan of a European Spec Golf Mk6 with the adaptive Xenon headlights. I decided to input the coding from his headlight range module into my US spec Mk6 GTI and 'lo and behold the European Variable light distribution was activated and the headlights have much better beam patterns and move more quickly. If you want to try this yourself, I changed my coding in the 55-Headlight Range module from 1446940 to 1442908. After you accept the coding, you will need to make sure your car is on a level surface so you can perform the basic settings to initialize the headlight position. Let me know if you have any questions! This is confirmed to work on 2012-2013 Golf's with Bi-Xenons and LED DRL.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver
 
zrickety's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 155k+
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Qmap.pub zip 31709 Georgia
Posts: 5,592
Pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
He's a real straight shooter, no monkey business, and the wheel swap at the Kohl's parking lot was quick and easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Get all mods done pre marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Blakcard
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Blakcard's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,437
guess it's too late for a before vid.. post an after to show what you mean?
__________________
by the time you've read this, I'd have already done.....this > Mostly stock, APR stage 1 2.4 file, Stoptech rotors, GFB DV
Blakcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Activating European Variable Light Distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
guess it's too late for a before vid.. post an after to show what you mean?


I could try to post a video but it would be hard to see on camera. Here is a photo from BMW explaining what it does. Of course we donít have the high beam assist part and the cornering lights will have to be enabled via the CECM.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!

Last edited by StorminNorman; 08-28-2019 at 12:55 PM.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
I will also add that I have not tested this coding in a car that is not equipped with a rain/light sensor and automatic headlights. It should work without one but I do not have proof that it will.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion
 
APRMK6GTi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,880
gotta try this later, thanks for sharing
__________________
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | APR DP | Magnaflow | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | Fluidampr| OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 Mounts | AST/GC | OZ | ST40| Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero | P3 | VERUS |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
This also activates the option of Travel Mode which is to be used when driving on the left side of the road e.g. England. It adjusts the lights so you do not blind traffic coming from the right.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #8
Tony48
FIA GT Newbie
 
Tony48's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I will also add that I have not tested this coding in a car that is not equipped with a rain/light sensor and automatic headlights. It should work without one but I do not have proof that it will.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worked for my car which doesn't have a rain/light sensor or automatic headlights. I didn't do a before & after direct comparison but it seems to have worked to increase range and beam pattern.
__________________
| 2011 GTI - P&P K04 - Stratified ProTune | Build Thread| Timing Chain Replacement Tips | DIY RSR Clutch & RMS Replacement Tips|
Tony48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #9
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Worked for my car which doesn't have a rain/light sensor or automatic headlights. I didn't do a before & after direct comparison but it seems to have worked to increase range and beam pattern.


So glad to hear it worked for you! I noticed at speeds slower than 25 mph the driverís side headlight beam points to the left so you can see off to the side of the road more. That way you can spot pedestrians/animals easier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #10
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Just ordered the parts needed to retrofit the European-only High Beam assistant. Will report back if I am successful


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #11
thecreeper
Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 2
I made this change this weekend, not sure I can notice a difference though - one thing I noticed is that when I check Travel Mode in the MFI menu, I get a bulb out error. Is that expected?

I used this to initialize the lights after I made the change:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328

Did I miss something?
thecreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #12
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 6,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
Hi all, after searching through a bunch of auto-scans on the Ross-Tech website, I stumbled across an auto scan of a European Spec Golf Mk6 with the adaptive Xenon headlights. I decided to input the coding from his headlight range module into my US spec Mk6 GTI and 'lo and behold the European Variable light distribution was activated and the headlights have much better beam patterns and move more quickly. If you want to try this yourself, I changed my coding in the 55-Headlight Range module from 1446940 to 1442908. After you accept the coding, you will need to make sure your car is on a level surface so you can perform the basic settings to initialize the headlight position. Let me know if you have any questions! This is confirmed to work on 2012-2013 Golf's with Bi-Xenons and LED DRL.
For the basic settings you refer to, is this in the link thecreeper just posted above?
__________________
Pag Parts EFR Turbo Thread: HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit
Build Thread: HYDE16 - Project Jekyll & Hyde Build Thread
Facebook: Ryan Jacobs
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #13
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreeper View Post
I made this change this weekend, not sure I can notice a difference though - one thing I noticed is that when I check Travel Mode in the MFI menu, I get a bulb out error. Is that expected?



I used this to initialize the lights after I made the change:

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328



Did I miss something?


Bulb out error on travel mode is normal for the first 30 seconds or so. Itís so you donít use it when itís not necessary because it blinds other motorists.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #14
StorminNorman
Drag Race Newbie
 
Drives: 13 CSG GTI DSG, Sunroof & NAV
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
For the basic settings you refer to, is this in the link thecreeper just posted above?


Yes. Just do the vag-com part of that link.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 CSG GTI Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ECU, DSG w/ IE Tune, APR Carbon Intake, Sunroof, RNS-510, AFS Bi-Xenons, R20 LED Tails, Euro Alarm Siren, Climatic, Euro Rear Footwell lights, Euro Door exit lights, Clear Side markers, RLS, RVC and Euro High-Beam Assist
OEM Euro Headlight Washers coming soon!
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.