GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Magnaflow installed....resting on bar

yunone

Ready to race!
I installed a magnaflow exhaust tonight and i have some rubbing/resting issue.

After the muffler itself the pipe bends and works it way backwards and is resting on that middle bar which is causing slight vibration to be felt in the car and when you turn off the car you can hear a clunk.

For those that installed the exhaust yourself, how did you get the system to not rub this bar that goes across the car? I loosened and adjusted as much as i could and no matter what they always touch.

thanks in advance

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
Mine did the same thing until I got my downpipe but my tips were also uneven until I used a welder. I used exhaust wrap to pad it from vibrating, that makes it almost unnoticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
Post a pic if you can so I or we can see how much you need it to move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

luisphillips62

Ready to race!
Exhaust shop and they bent it a little. Had to do it for my vanguard when it was hittin the suspension bar

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
I had to bend the the hanger hooks on the catback just a bit. Take it to a muffler shop, they'll take care of it in a few minutes.

yunone

Ready to race!
I had to bend the the hanger hooks on the catback just a bit. Take it to a muffler shop, they'll take care of it in a few minutes.

Do you know what hanger hooks were bent? the ones on the muffler portion, there is three

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Do you know what hanger hooks were bent? the ones on the muffler portion, there is three

I guess it just depends which part of the catback is coming into contact with the body. The muffler shop should be able to figure it out. It's not a big deal really.