GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #45865
uglybastard
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by torga View Post
I just went with the Vibrant 11619 J-style - they're on Amazon if you need it yesterday and have Prime.

You may need something to help you thread the spacer onto your DP. I initially thought that the threads weren't matching up, but it turned out that the Vibrant threads were so new/sharp and the O2 bung threads were so dull that the spacer was binding up in the bung after a turn and a half.
I bought a no-name J spacer thinking the Vibrant one was the problem, so I ended up just linking the two spacers to give me the torque to thread the spacer into my DP. You could do the same thing by buying a M18x1.5 bolt from a hardware store to use as a lever, if you need it.
#bungproblems

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta: PSSMKLLR.MK6
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #45866
torga
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
#bungproblems
Something was really wrong with my bung hole guys
Major/Notable Mods ||| Engine/Drivetrain: GIAC Stage 2, APR Cast DP, Beluga CBE, BSH mounts, BSH CAI, DG Sigma 6 SSK, Fluidampr Pulley, GFB DV+, Neuspeed charge pipes Suspension: FK Streetline-X coils, H&R rear ARB, Rotiform RSE Exterior/Interior: R20 Euro tails, BFI knob, RCD330+ ||| full mod list
torga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #45867
uglybastard
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Something was really wrong with my bung hole guys
worn out

EDIT:

╬╬╣
Old 09-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #45868
smanierre
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
I just went with the Vibrant 11619 J-style - they're on Amazon if you need it yesterday and have Prime.

You may need something to help you thread the spacer onto your DP. I initially thought that the threads weren't matching up, but it turned out that the Vibrant threads were so new/sharp and the O2 bung threads were so dull that the spacer was binding up in the bung after a turn and a half.
I bought a no-name J spacer thinking the Vibrant one was the problem, so I ended up just linking the two spacers to give me the torque to thread the spacer into my DP. You could do the same thing by buying a M18x1.5 bolt from a hardware store to use as a lever, if you need it.
I saw that one on amazon, just wanted to make sure it was the right one. I have prime and it qualifies for free one day so not too bad. Really hoping this fixes everything. Now I just need the terminals to ship or else i'll have to hard wire the sensor to the harness for the time being
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Stratified E30 Tune | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | VWR Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck | YCW Aeris Series Coilovers
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #45869
smanierre
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
worn out
nothing a little flex seal can't solve

<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Stratified E30 Tune | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | VWR Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck | YCW Aeris Series Coilovers
Old 09-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #45870
smanierre
Formula 5000 Driver

Connector pins got delivered today along with my o2 spacer. Gonna toss them on tonight and hope it all works to get my emissions done tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #45871
torga
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Connector pins got delivered today along with my o2 spacer. Gonna toss them on tonight and hope it all works to get my emissions done tomorrow.

Good luck!

I also want to thank the guys that gave their input on removing the underhood blanket. I did so on Monday and have really enjoyed driving with the windows down since.
Major/Notable Mods ||| Engine/Drivetrain: GIAC Stage 2, APR Cast DP, Beluga CBE, BSH mounts, BSH CAI, DG Sigma 6 SSK, Fluidampr Pulley, GFB DV+, Neuspeed charge pipes Suspension: FK Streetline-X coils, H&R rear ARB, Rotiform RSE Exterior/Interior: R20 Euro tails, BFI knob, RCD330+ ||| full mod list
Old 09-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #45872
uglybastard
Formula 2 Driver

Yeah hood blanket delete is great

╬╬╣
Old 09-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #45873
CowTownRacer
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI (6 spd)
Quote:
How much hp?
2012 2DR CSG GTI | Stratified Stage 2 | COBB Big SF Intake | SPM 3" Turbo Back Street Exhaust (w/ Track Mid-Pipe) | Wavetrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | GFB DV+ | Bilstein B16 Coilovers| Unibrace Triology | APR Short Shifter Kit | Raceseng Slam
CowTownRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #45874
torga
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowTownRacer View Post
Quote:
How much hp?
Somewhere between 0-20 hp; I can say that with absolute certainty. It really depends on your build.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #45875
uglybastard
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Somewhere between 0-20 hp; I can say that with absolute certainty. It really depends on your build.
Weight redux

╬╬╣
Old 09-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #45876
ghosttrooper
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 VW Golf 2.5
Quote:
Good luck!

I also want to thank the guys that gave their input on removing the underhood blanket. I did so on Monday and have really enjoyed driving with the windows down since.
Lol I never thought of doing this. I wonder how much a difference it would make sound wise with stock piping.
ghosttrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #45877
PhillipsLJ
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 Tornado Red 6spd DSG GTI
Today in my GTI I nearly got hit by a dummy who decided to left u-turn into the furthest lane where I had right of way turning right during a green turn light. Didn't hit me though, and the guy must've known he was wrong because he never honked.

PhillipsLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #45878
smanierre
Formula 5000 Driver

Got my connector wired up properly this time according to the info from torga and got the spacer on. Went to go get gas and get some miles on the car. Fucking codes came back. I'm gonna try to toss in one of the restrictors the spacer came with to take care of the rich code and the 140 but not sure what i'm gonna do about the 141.

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i pooped today, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?