GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are these real?

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
In the picture it says FK on the springs and everything, but when I received it, it does not. I mean they look legit I'm just worried they might be RSK coilovers. Let me upload some pictures now

Stag

Banned
The ones on eBay are fk's as well. Along with RSK's. both are made in the same factory. The non-budget fk's are made at a separate location.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
The ones on eBay are fk's as well. Along with RSK's. both are made in the same factory. The non-budget fk's are made at a separate location.

what do you mean by non-budget fk's?

The ones on eBay have the FK logo on them, mine do not, that is why I am really concerned. I just called ECS tuning and he said they might not always have the FK logo on them, but I did not receive them in the FK box. The seller just packaged everything and shipped it...although I have to admit he packaged everything very nicely.

Stag

Banned
what do you mean by non-budget fk's?

The ones on eBay have the FK logo on them, mine do not, that is why I am really concerned. I just called ECS tuning and he said they might not always have the FK logo on them, but I did not receive them in the FK box. The seller just packaged everything and shipped it...although I have to admit he packaged everything very nicely.

The picture used is generic. Mine never said fk anywhere and I got them from ECS.

Quit worrying. What do you expect from a $400 suspension set? Everything to be laced in gold? Relax fella.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
The picture used is generic. Mine never said fk anywhere and I got them from ECS.

Quit worrying. What do you expect from a $400 suspension set? Everything to be laced in gold? Relax fella.

No, not at all, I just thought it would say FK on them. I just wanted to verify with you guys that it is in fact FK. Another thing, the part number of the streetlines are SMVW9007 and mine are just VW9007. Again, don't know if that makes a difference, just wanted to verify one last time before I install them

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
You bought a budget coilover from some random eBay seller but the missing FK printing on the spring is bugging you?

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
You bought a budget coilover from some random eBay seller but the missing FK printing on the spring is bugging you?

Its not a random ebay seller.... He has really good reviews. I'm just here for verification. If you're gonna be a dick, don't comment because what you said is useless and irrelevant.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Because they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true, right?

Ok you bought a low-end set of coilovers, from some guy on eBay. There are going to be compromises. If you are not sure if they are real, why not contact FK directly or at least an authorized distributor? No one on the forum is going to have the latest revision information whether FK is printed on the springs or not unless for work for the factory.

It looks like you bought some RSK coilovers, check the part number in the

Amazon link CO-VW9007-Y:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00795Q1U2

Ebay CO-VW9007-Y:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...4131&item=190714514131&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

ESE Tuning lists the part as SMVW9007:
http://www.esetuning.com/FK-Automotive-Street-Line-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-p/smvw9007.htm

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
suspension is something not best to skimp out on.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and any time you are dealing with a seller on a platform like ebay or even amazon, you really need to check your shit and do your reasearch on part#'s, ask questions, etc, etc.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
When I spoke to him he said he bought them directly from fk and they are the new version which are zinc plated. He said that's why the part number is a little different

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
well, either live with what you got, or start asking about a return, etc. He can tell you whatever he wants or thinks - it may not be correct.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
well, either live with what you got, or start asking about a return, etc. He can tell you whatever he wants or thinks - it may not be correct.

He said he would issue me a full refund but the fact that he has such good feedback and is a top seller puts me at ease. What do you think I should do?