GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alice the GTD

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a set of those number plate LED lights. When i drove at night, they lit up quite a bit of the road behind me and so i thought I'd just play safe and use the original ones with LED bulbs inside instead so they weren't as bright. Had a few policemen looking my way but fortunately never stopped

Jay

Haha yes you do get a lot of light off them! But if anything they make the polices job easier as they can definately see your registration! But as far as I know they can't pull you over for having them so bright because they aren't really annoying anyone being so low down! I had a set in the Mk5 and never had any problems :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
19 April 2014

More purchases:

H8 6000K Fog Bulbs
H15 Bulb Upgrade Kit - LINK
EDIT: Also purchased an interior LED kit

I was surprised that I could not find blue tinted halogen H15s (as I didn't want to run HIDs and have ballasts all over the place and a crazy cheap looking blue tinge as I wasn't paying for the good quality kits). I'm sure loads of cars run H15s these days, so howcome there are no 5-7000K bulbs or even LED bulbs?

Also has anyone come across that upgrade kit? Just thought I may aswell go for it as I want rid of the yellowness asap.

Cheers

Last edited:

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Those lights look great, I'm sure they will look even better on the car:thumbsup:

afctom

Ready to race!
Look forward to seeing pics of the car with LED tails on, makes it look a completely different car from behind

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
They look brilliant!

Were there any fitment issues or strange lights on your dash? Were they right hand drive specific, or did you mod the reverse/fog light?

I've been looking for some Depo lights myself, but I've not been able to find a UK supplier yet.

Your car is definitely coming together well:w00t:

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
They look brilliant!

Were there any fitment issues or strange lights on your dash? Were they right hand drive specific, or did you mod the reverse/fog light?

I've been looking for some Depo lights myself, but I've not been able to find a UK supplier yet.

Your car is definitely coming together well:w00t:

Cheers man!

Overall they were a LOT easier to fit than when I changed the tails in my Mk5. No dash errors or anything! Only thing is I need to change them from LHD to RHD. The right hand side for the fog is just a matter of changing the bulb to a red one. However the left side for the indicator is an LED, however the supplier sent me information on how to change it all from LHD to RHD. So going to have a go at that tonight!

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Small update:

LED interior bulbs are all fitted apart from the front dome as I am a bulb short it appears.

New fog bulbs installed. Night photos of these and tail lights later on.

The H15 Upgrade Kit is a load of rubbish, they won't stay on the bulb securely so I didn't put them on incase one of them came off inside the headlight enclosure.

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers man!

Overall they were a LOT easier to fit than when I changed the tails in my Mk5. No dash errors or anything! Only thing is I need to change them from LHD to RHD. The right hand side for the fog is just a matter of changing the bulb to a red one. However the left side for the indicator is an LED, however the supplier sent me information on how to change it all from LHD to RHD. So going to have a go at that tonight!

They sound ideal, good choice mate.

I think seeing these has convinced me to get a set. Can I ask where you ordered them from?

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
They sound ideal, good choice mate.

I think seeing these has convinced me to get a set. Can I ask where you ordered them from?

Had a look at what to do and they told me I need to change pins in the gold connector under the steering wheel (behind the vag com insert port). No idea what I'm doing so believe I can get it coded with vag com to fix the problem! But I ended up getting mine from this seller on ebay but these are the darker smoked ones...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-VI-6-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-taillights-tail-lamps-smoke-R-LOOK-GTI-/111326328823?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item19eb90f7f7

Mine are dark cherry red whereas those are black.