GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I make those a lot at home too , not American cheese though :iono: - I get the Jewel brand 4 cheese Mexican blend. some shredded lettuce and ground beef with taco bell seasoning. simple yet delicious
sorry, meant to say woodmans local cheddar cheese. good stuff yeah

dat taco bell seasoning. not hot sauce?
hows that commute going to be?
about 90 mph and 4 lanes wide.
Better than my current, based on few trips out there and checking google maps around the time I leave work and go home. Golf Rd is a shit show, more so heading into Woodfield area. Distance is a bit more, but will be highway, versus stop and go traffic. My office is 2 minutes from I90 Roselle ramp. Wife works in Arlington Heights, 3x a week. So won't be too bad for her either.
lol that commute is going to be a breeze you have no idea. was terrible for last 5 years. now that its 4 lanes wide everyday is like a race.

Did your wife ever apply at my company. They are hiring nurses all the time. all work at home too.

PM me, get my fiancee a job :thumbsup:

Jaber

Modero
Did your wife ever apply at my company. They are hiring nurses all the time. all work at home too.

She's working at a hospital now as a Case Manager. But she wants to go back to working for insurance companies eventually. She misses WFH.

about 90 mph and 4 lanes wide.

lol that commute is going to be a breeze you have no idea. was terrible for last 5 years. now that its 4 lanes wide everyday is like a race.

Yeah, during the construction it sucked. Now it's way better. Up till you get to the Cumberland area.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Better than my current, based on few trips out there and checking google maps around the time I leave work and go home. Golf Rd is a shit show, more so heading into Woodfield area. Distance is a bit more, but will be highway, versus stop and go traffic. My office is 2 minutes from I90 Roselle ramp. Wife works in Arlington Heights, 3x a week. So won't be too bad for her either.

Commute from the Rennerhood to Roselle/90 is cake. Especially now that there's the EB exit ramp at Roselle. Arlington Heights isn't bad either - just stay in the left lane past Roselle or you'll get held up in the conga line for 290.

Fun fact: I grew up walking distance from Roselle/90. We *almost* bought a house over there a few years ago.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Have a recruiter from a company in Menlo Park, CA hitting me hard. Already told him I wasn't looking to move just yet, but thanks for considering me... still wants to call and talk. Sent me a bunch of YT videos featuring "life on the team" etc.

Using a few Cost-of-Living calculators comparing Huntley to Menlo Park.... LOL. Not even sure I could ask for the salary with a straight face.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Have a recruiter from a company in Menlo Park, CA hitting me hard. Already told him I wasn't looking to move just yet, but thanks for considering me... still wants to call and talk. Sent me a bunch of YT videos featuring "life on the team" etc.

Using a few Cost-of-Living calculators comparing Huntley to Menlo Park.... LOL. Not even sure I could ask for the salary with a straight face.

Yeah man it’s mind blowing the costs out there. Wife got recruited a couple times. We couldn’t make it work with the cost of living and the commute.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
I’m just off Roselle now, but the other side of Schaumburg just off 390z. Also made it home safely after banging out 900 miles today. Yay VW

Jaber

Modero
When your GTI cries.

Tried topping it off and driving to Dealer. No dice. Waiting for tow now.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
38k. Geico makes it so easy to get a tow. I could of tried to get to the Dealer. But ton of traffic and no area to pull off. Only 2 and half miles away.

I thought the tow wouldve been covered by Volkswagen no?

Dang man bummer though.

Geico was pretty expensive when i had them, didnt realize how much i was paying. Have you looked at other companies and bundles?

and yes. im at work. on a saturday.

Jaber

Modero
I thought the tow wouldve been covered by Volkswagen no?

Dang man bummer though.

Geico was pretty expensive when i had them, didnt realize how much i was paying. Have you looked at other companies and bundles?

and yes. im at work. on a saturday.

Last I recall, once your past 36k/3yr tow is not included.

So far geico is cheapest for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.