GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
I did a pull today and I noticed that my knock ret. (knock) got up to -5.25. I know its normal to see -3 knock from time to time and ive never seen this large of a number and the car is running fine. Im thinking maybe the knock ret. monitors total knock by adding up knock on each individual cylinder ? My question is, should I be worried?

Sometimes - rarely you may see higher than normal numbers. If it is constant and across multiple cylinders then either you have a case of bad fuel or we need to make an adjustment to the tune via datalogging.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
That time of year has come once again!

Time to start our Black November festivities! We are going to kick things off with a sale that includes all things COBB. Yes that means the discount applies to Accessports that include our tunes and parts that include tune credits. Everything COBB on our site is 10% off with the use of coupon COBB10. Thank you everyone for your support this year - this is our thank you to you!

www.stratifiedauto.com

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Does anyone have a IE intake manifold and running a stratified tune ?

I think someone posted about having one here before. I think they said that stratified wasn't able to tune for the runner flap delete but i'm not sure.

93serprise

Ready to race!
As of now they do not have a tune for the intake manifold. I really wish they did ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11gti718

Ready to race!
i have a manifold sitting in my closet for months now. hoping to gather more insight on stratified tuning them. Guess i’ll keep waiting

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone know if I can buy a pro-tune but defer the refinements until I get my intercooler and water meth in? Trying to do intercooler this weekend but the WM may take longer since I have to do a lot of wiring for it. Also on the checkout form does the water meth dropdown mean DPI only or would that count for just one jet post-IC for cooling.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have a IE intake manifold and running a stratified tune ?

I am running a stratified tune w/ IE intake manifold. No they can't tune properly for the runner flap deletes. That being said, aside from rough cold start idle... I have no issues from the intake manifold. Tuner coded out all associated errors from deleting runner flaps/rough idle.

I passed emissions fine here in TX with the tune. I plan on adding DPI water meth in January or February. Might wait a little longer though, just now getting done with my 91 tune. Still have 93 and E30 to tune on.

11gti718

Ready to race!
I am running a stratified tune w/ IE intake manifold. No they can't tune properly for the runner flap deletes. That being said, aside from rough cold start idle... I have no issues from the intake manifold. Tuner coded out all associated errors from deleting runner flaps/rough idle.

I passed emissions fine here in TX with the tune. I plan on adding DPI water meth in January or February. Might wait a little longer though, just now getting done with my 91 tune. Still have 93 and E30 to tune on.

could you post a video of the rough cold start idle ? i keep seeing people mentioning it but never seen an actual video. thnk you!

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
could you post a video of the rough cold start idle ? i keep seeing people mentioning it but never seen an actual video. thnk you!

https://youtu.be/yU9kPVweM80

You can hear in the exhaust. Watch the tachometer.

It's really not that bad. Worse in colder weather. I'll try to video it tomorrow when my car has sat overnight.

Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you! Doesnt seem too bad. I’ll wait to see the video tomorrow. hopefully you can upload one. Thank you once again.

Yeah I've gotten used to it. Just give myself some extra time to warm the car. It'll definitely chug sometimes, but it's never stalled or anything.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Can someone take a look at my logs:

3rd Gear Pull (from tonight):

https://datazap.me/u/dallasdub/pull-31-stratified-v230?log=0&data=6-27-44

35 degree ambient, ~50 iats. Pretty consistently lose traction right at peak boost/torque in my 3rd gear pulls. This pull saw multiple rpm dips between 3k-5k (traction loss/esp kicking in), but also a pretty high boost spike to 26 psi right after traction loss the first time.

4th gear pull (couple days ago):

https://datazap.me/u/dallasdub/4th-gear-pull-stratified-v230?log=0&data=6-27

thanks for any input. 91 tune is near completion, getting a dsg tune and few other things before I submit final logs before moving to 93.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you! Doesnt seem too bad. I’ll wait to see the video tomorrow. hopefully you can upload one. Thank you once again.

Last night after work, my car sat for ~6 hours in 25-30° weather. So it was completely cold.

https://youtu.be/w_BGzD_PU1c

I made a video this morning, but it's hard to tell so didn't upload it. Basically rpms never rose above ~900 rpm during warm up, can't really tell when warm up stopped and it went to normal idle. Some mild misfires nothing crazy.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone know if I can buy a pro-tune but defer the refinements until I get my intercooler and water meth in? Trying to do intercooler this weekend but the WM may take longer since I have to do a lot of wiring for it. Also on the checkout form does the water meth dropdown mean DPI only or would that count for just one jet post-IC for cooling.

Hi and yes we offer a 6 month grace period from the purchase of the pro tune.