GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic request! H&R Sport or VWR springs

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Not buying into the "your struts will go bad" hype? I know plenty of people have them and haven't had issues but I'm still hesitant. Post up some pics when you get them and maybe that will be to motivation I need.
I'm sure it reduces the lifespan of them, but I had a set of VWR springs on my GTI on stock dampeners, it was perfectly fine. I've yet to read of anyone actually have problems with them going bad, even on a GTI.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Not buying into the "your struts will go bad" hype? I know plenty of people have them and haven't had issues but I'm still hesitant. Post up some pics when you get them and maybe that will be to motivation I need.

Probably depends on driving style (tracking it would certainly accelerate the wear) and kind of roads you drive.

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
I'm sure it reduces the lifespan of them, but I had a set of VWR springs on my GTI on stock dampeners, it was perfectly fine. I've yet to read of anyone actually have problems with them going bad, even on a GTI.

springs for me, are a short term, 2 year decision. I did the high dollar coilovers on my MKV GTI (both pss10s and KW V3s) and never felt I used them to their abilities.

The golf r is so much more capable than the GTI with the above suspensions, even stock, that a slight drop is all i am looking for.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
springs for me, are a short term, 2 year decision. I did the high dollar coilovers on my MKV GTI (both pss10s and KW V3s) and never felt I used them to their abilities.

The golf r is so much more capable than the GTI with the above suspensions, even stock, that a slight drop is all i am looking for.
I had a set of ST's on my GTI and hated them. I rarely own a car longer than 2-3 years and never track it so I dont need anything fancy or high dollar.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I had a set of ST's on my GTI and hated them. I rarely own a car longer than 2-3 years and never track it so I dont need anything fancy or high dollar.

Why'd you hate the ST's? My buddy is about to buy theses.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Why'd you hate the ST's? My buddy is about to buy theses.
I'm getting old. They were too rough for my taste. I did have them spun all the way down in the front and 2 threads in the back. Then again I might be making a mistake by installing the H&R springs on my car, but we'll see.

A_Bowers

Rcraig84

Ready to race!

I feel the same way. I don't plan on having my car for more than another 2 years. I'm just not sure the VWR's will be low enough. I don't track the car though and don't want to drop a ton of cash on coil overs.

Brendon

Ready to race!
H&R Sport springs before and after install on my GTI. They have not even been on a week yet so i don't know if they are going to settle a little more.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Edit: Crap, just realized this the R section. Sorry about that, just try to enjoy it.

My 4 door DSG on VWR springs: