GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OK - Is it an "MK6" or a "Mark 6"?

GTIKage

As a newcomer to the GTI market (Haven't had a VW since my 1968 Squareback), is the model type pronounced "Em Kay" 6 (as my son insists), or is it said Mark 6?

Don't want to start a war (and I know wars have been started for less) -
Mainly curious...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Mark

You type it like MK6, but you say it like mark 6.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Mk6 is just mark 6 abbreviated either or is fine I suppose. Usually on the forum they just use the abbreviation Ex: MK6 GTI or MKV GTI etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
The correct term is said to be "Mark6" but "MK6" is what the younger crowd started using and it's shorter to say but it's also an abbreviation for "Mark6" so whatever is easier I guess lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
anyone who says 'em-kay-6' is a dweebus

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
The "mark" designation is used heavily in the military.

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I must sheepishly admit to being a dweebus then. I had no idea - I've never been a VW fan until driving my buddy's not that long ago and deciding that I needed one.

Lol I've been saying m-kay too...luckily not out loud too often. I always just say GTI or 13 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
mike-kilo-6?

No lol its mark 6.

But i type out mk6. because if i wrote mark 6 even fewer people would know what i meant.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol I've been saying m-kay too...luckily not out loud too often. I always just say GTI or 13 GTI

If I was discussing the forums then I said em kay 6 out loud. If I was discussing the car in general I usually said GTI. If I am discussing my car in particular then I refer to her by name. I think I've only said it out loud as em kay 6 in reference to the cars themselves once so that means one Hail Mary and I should be good, right?

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
If I was discussing the forums then I said em kay 6 out loud. If I was discussing the car in general I usually said GTI. If I am discussing my car in particular then I refer to her by name. I think I've only said it out loud as em kay 6 in reference to the cars themselves once so that means one Hail Mary and I should be good, right?

Actually yesterday was the true test when an auto body guy I was meeting asked if my body was the same as a 2010 he worked on, and I had a split second to decide whether to say "m-kay 6" or "mark 6". Luckily I chose the second and correct one. Lol...crisis averted.