GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC hose replacement

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
So about a month ago my AC stopped working. I was able to survive a little bit without it until recently. I took it in the shop last week and the guy replaced the VW core vents & put some dye in to test for leaks/recharged the system. A day later it stopped working. I took it back today & they found a hole in one of the AC pipes from a hose clamp rubbing on it. The hose they have to replace is priced at $345 + adding in the labor makes it a total of $674.

I just paid $200+ for them to replace the vents & recharge the system last week. Another near $700 is killer right now. Anyone know of any other alternatives I may have? Perhaps somewhere I can get the hose for cheaper? Any help would be really appreciated.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I had the same problem about a few years back. Stealership claimed it was a nearby hose clamp rubbing up against it, causing a leak. Got it replaced under warranty but those mofos were being little b**ches and didn't give me a loaner car, even after I requested for one. Driving around in 90*+ humid weather sucks without A/C.

A cheaper alternative part, I highly doubt it.

kelbywest

Passed Driver's Ed
That's exactly what the guys at the shop said it was. My warranty expired 4 months ago so of course this is perfect timing. Sounds like I don't have a choice

:(

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you look closely, it's a transition from rubber hose to hard plastic/ABS, then back to rubber hose. Pretty stupid if you ask me. A high temp rated rubber hose would have suffice but then again, those VW engineers are highly intelligent and come up with great ideas.