GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > New England

Old 01-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #15
piesGTI
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI - Cirilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by KITEWAGON View Post
Thanks. I've never heard of Six Sigma, but they are only 30 minutes from me.

For VW specific stuff and mainly for TDI related stuff I go down to KMH Motors in Lowell. Keith is a very good mechanic and really knows his VAG products. He didn't think the tensioner was that big a deal for me if I had no noises or issues. And I've got way less miles from you which makes me feel slightly better. But then I read about these tensioners failing with no warning which makes me nervous. But $1200 is a lot of money to fix a mfr defect for peace of mind.

Good luck with the engine swap!
Thanks! I've heard/read stories where they've failed at 60k which is the main reason I'm coming out the money to just do it now before the new motor goes in!

Six Sigma usually deals in Japanese cars, I know Kevin from my SRT and DSM days. Now that I think about it, he's got my old hybrid HTA68 turbo still... I wonder if I could shove that thing into this beast somehow.
piesGTI is offline   Reply With Quote