GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI owner

burnner521

I put a deposit down on a '12 GTI CSG 6MT Autobahn. I am coming from a 03 E46 M3. I am very excited about my new car. Except the dealer had to trade for it, it is coming from San Francisco to LA. My dad had to cosign for the car which meant the papers had to go to Texas. I signed the papers on Wednesday afternoon (last week) and the papers were sent fedex Thursday morning. I was displeased to learn that the notary didn't contact my dad until Monday morning. So I expected to pick up my car on Tuesday. Well I call the dealer Tuesday and learn that the car has not been picked up. What's more they did not send the check for the dealer trade until Monday. They claimed they overnight-ed it. The salesman said he would let me know if I would be able to pick it up tonight, Wednesday. Well, I just heard from him at 1pm, he said the dealership just received the check, which means they sent the check regular mail. I am pissed, they told me this process would take 2-3 business days. Why on earth did I need to leave a deposit if they weren't going to trade for the car immediately. Should I contact VWOA?

Hoosier

Passed Driver's Ed
Get used to it. Not much at a dealership is ever easy. Just let the joy of Ownership take control when you pick it up...

Hart

Ready to race!
Welcome and congrats!

Nothing is ever easy going at the dealers so don't you worry. Be patient and once you pick it up, you'll forget all about it.

JhnR

Banned
welcome