GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Love bugs & wax issue (maybe)

Atty

Ready to race!
Damn them. My car is two weeks old and I have one spot that I can not get get off. Any tips for removing these horrid assaults on my paint? I live in central Florida and my commute is on the high way which is where they like to hang out, plus my car then bakes in the sun for 8 hours at work :(.

When I got the car I had the dealer detail it and put that zurich shield protection on it, I guess during the cleaning they used a wax and now I have a hazy spot on the hood that has been there the entire time. It didn't go away during my recent wash and the guy at the dealership said it would just fade away. It hasn't. Solution?

bluShark

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm also curious as to what other people do about bug spots that remain after a good wash. I recently went on a long roadtrip that gave me several bug spots that seem to be deep set in the paint. I tried using Meguiar's detailer spray but that couldn't get rid of the really deep bug sprays.

Any product recommendations?

Hoosier

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel like a broken record, but I swear by Meguiar's products. I use Ultimate compound for little blemishes. When my cars need the spider web scratches out, I use M205 and a dual action polisher. If its a bit deeper scratch, I use M105. Follow the process up with show car glaze and a few coats of carnuba wax. If you don't think there is a benefit to more than one coat, try it on your bumper and hood. It makes it way easier to get the bugs off... Keep some detail spray and microfiber in the hatch. If you get an eewy gooey up the hood or on the bumper, give it a spritz and wipe it off when you stop.. I know bird poo will etch the clear if you leave it on the car for very long.

If you do not like Megs products, there are tons out there. Detailer's Domain is a good place to start looking...

Grownman

Ready to race!
If you guys hve time check out Junkman2000 on YouTube. He puts up informative detailing videos.

Remove the bugs ASAP, the guts cause etching in the clear coat.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Damn them. My car is two weeks old and I have one spot that I can not get get off. Any tips for removing these horrid assaults on my paint? I live in central Florida and my commute is on the high way which is where they like to hang out, plus my car then bakes in the sun for 8 hours at work :(.

When I got the car I had the dealer detail it and put that zurich shield protection on it, I guess during the cleaning they used a wax and now I have a hazy spot on the hood that has been there the entire time. It didn't go away during my recent wash and the guy at the dealership said it would just fade away. It hasn't. Solution?

Best thing to remove love bugs is using an old dryer sheet and soak it with water. Those bugs come off with ease.

I had a similar issue recently with the haze. I used Meguires Quick Wax (not Quick Detailer). Spray it on lightly, use a micro fiber towel to buff it in, and then use a spray bottle with water only to spray a light mist so you can buff that in with another micro fiber towel.