GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Howling under boost

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Ok so I'm running a stage 1 stratified tune (Which I love)…...did the DV+ from GFB and upgraded the coil packs. I just recently replaced my intake because I was getting a code for the flappers.

I cant say this issue started after the intake manifold replacement because I really don't know. I think I am being a little bit paranoid but when I am cruising on the highway and get into it under boost I hear a howling noise.

Its different than the normal turbo noise in that its more of a howling rather than whistle you might expect from a turbo. Kind of sounds like when you try and whistle and your lips are too wide...….so to me it sounds like I may have a boost leak or something.

I have no codes. I just drove from California to Kentucky and then back again. No issues. Car still feels like it pulls hard.....but I wonder if I have a DV problem or an issue.

Just trying to feel this out. Does anyone think this is a problem? Sounds to me like it may be DV related but I have no idea.

Its definitely boost related because it only happens under acceleration and when I get that turbo spool awesomeness.

Waddya all think?

Korydogg

Ready to race!