GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electrical Gremlins?

cpa85

Hi everyone. I drive a 2010 GTI (bought new from the dealer) and experienced an unusual problem the other day. When I started the car, basically all the warning lights activated and I heart a different "ding" sound as well. I drove it around for a few minutes and it seemed like all the driving aids were deactivated (steering was a little heavier, no TCS, no ABS, etc.). It was also giving me error lights for the engine, headlamps, and airbags.

I'd just driven it around earlier in the day with no issues so I assume this sudden onslaught is related to the onboard software/computer systems? Anywho, it's at the shop today and they're working through the different issues. Apparently they drove it about 15 miles tonight and will do the same tomorrow morning to monitor the different signals and things it does during full drive cycles before they finish diagnosing it.

So basically I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and, if so, what sort of damage bill should I expect? lol

zrickety

The Fixer
These are typically signs of a failing battery...if you haven't replaced it in a few years, it's time.