GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Turbo Back Exhausts

ZIZO1

i am planning to buy an exhaust system for my golf R so, What is the best turbo back exhaust system for a golf r in your opinion and experience?

TEFF

godfather
Milltek turboback, non-resonated version. I've also heard one with Supersprint, and it made a lot of drone inside the cabin

ZIZO1

i ordered a milltek non-resonated catback exhaust without downpipe.
if i used the downpipe, is it going to violate the warranty?!

SPEEDYWINDS

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Teff!

The non-resonated version will not make the car drone? I thought that non-resonated will make lot of drone inside the cabin.

Thank you,
Cesar

SPEEDYWINDS

Passed Driver's Ed
Drone

Milltek turboback, non-resonated version. I've also heard one with Supersprint, and it made a lot of drone inside the cabin

Hello Teff!

The non-resonated version will not make the car drone? I thought that non-resonated will make lot of drone inside the cabin.

Thank you,
Cesar

TEFF

godfather
Hello Cesar

I had removed also the cat, and no drone at all. All this thanks to the AEV system. It really opens at WOT. But at rpms of 3000-4000rpm where the drone will appear, it was very quiet.

So no drone at all at the non-resonated version

TEFF

godfather
OEM:
2.5" turboback

Milltek:
3" - downpipe
2.75" - catback

Forge/Scorpion:
3" - turboback

Supersprint:
3" - downpipe
2.75" - catback

Gyntry

Ready to race!

Pker

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, Anyone here with a milltek resonated exhaust?? I wonder if the resonated one will produce the same popping sound as the non resonated one when downshifting. I worry the non res version will be too loud for my daily driving but on the other hand I'm afraid I'm going to miss out the awesome poping sound on the resonated ones.

You guys have any thoughts?? Sorry I'm being abit too anal, but I have high standards in choosing my exhaust just like I chose my R.

AKs-R32

Ready to race!
Anyone have a turboback scorpion exhuast on there stage 2+ R's! whats it like? any drone? cause if its 3' all the way through, then in my opinion a better option then militek with there 3 downpipe and 2.5 catback.

gre

TEFF has such a Scorpion, it looks the best for me, and 3 inches sounds better than 2,75 for stage more than 1

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Damn Milltek turbo back exhausts are expensive! :mad0259:
Anyone know of a more affordable exhaust for the R? APR should come up with one soon right? And hopefully cheaper? Another quick question: In order to get good sound out of your exhaust do you need the whole Turbo back? or can you just get the catback? Thanks

Imolarot

Hi, Anyone here with a milltek resonated exhaust?? I wonder if the resonated one will produce the same popping sound as the non resonated one when downshifting. I worry the non res version will be too loud for my daily driving but on the other hand I'm afraid I'm going to miss out the awesome poping sound on the resonated ones.

You guys have any thoughts?? Sorry I'm being abit too anal, but I have high standards in choosing my exhaust just like I chose my R.

I have the non resonated version and its absolutely no problem at all for daily drivning. No drone what so ever (if you still have the shelf in the trunk, otherwise its quite bad). It sounds really good, think of it as the stock sound on steroids.

I am allergic to drone, but have no trouble at all with the Milltek.