GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough Idle - Start up & Warm

glory

Ready to race!
Results :

Dealer found no codes and says nothing is wrong with it. Says "its a high performance engine and the shaking is normal" I'm calling bs on that but whatever.

I keep scanning and finding no codes. I do get misfires when starting and for about 5mins afterwords (warm or cold) if I rev the engine.

As well, been noticing a 'dead spot' when I roll past 2k rpm. Between 2 and 3k somewhere it just feels like it backs off the power. Not sure what that is.

I'm at a loss with this. It's annoying. Any advice?

Sent from the White north with magic

Ilyaamex

Passed Driver's Ed
Results :

Dealer found no codes and says nothing is wrong with it. Says "its a high performance engine and the shaking is normal" I'm calling bs on that but whatever.

I keep scanning and finding no codes. I do get misfires when starting and for about 5mins afterwords (warm or cold) if I rev the engine.

As well, been noticing a 'dead spot' when I roll past 2k rpm. Between 2 and 3k somewhere it just feels like it backs off the power. Not sure what that is.

I'm at a loss with this. It's annoying. Any advice?

Sounds like what I'm experiencing with the 'dead spot'! Have you ever figured it out?

glory

Ready to race!
Still haven't figured it out. I only notice the dead spot during the warmer months, never really noticed in the winter.

Idle still does it's shudders. It might be normal as I drove in a golf R awhile ago and noticed it, but that was after long hard runs on the highway.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Still haven't figured it out. I only notice the dead spot during the warmer months, never really noticed in the winter.

Idle still does it's shudders. It might be normal as I drove in a golf R awhile ago and noticed it, but that was after long hard runs on the highway.

Some slight shaking is normal, but I guess it more depends on how sensitive you are to it. I notice some of it, but it's not too bad and I don't really ever think about it.

Misfires are weird at such low mileage, but I wouldn't be revving on a cold start anyways, it's not good for the engine ;)

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Ready to race!
glory:

Did you ever find out the cause of the rough idle problem you posted about back in 2015?

I have a similar issue with my 2013 GTI. Mine is 100% stock and only 17k miles (27.5k km). During idle, normally when the engine is warm, sometimes the engine 'stumbles' every few seconds, as if a cylinder didn't fire correctly. However, sometimes the engine runs perfectly smooth as well.

The dealer did a 'scan' and reported "no codes stored" also told me the rough idle is normal because 'VW engines are designed for high performance', something like this.

glory

Ready to race!
glory:

Did you ever find out the cause of the rough idle problem you posted about back in 2015?

I have a similar issue with my 2013 GTI. Mine is 100% stock and only 17k miles (27.5k km). During idle, normally when the engine is warm, sometimes the engine 'stumbles' every few seconds, as if a cylinder didn't fire correctly. However, sometimes the engine runs perfectly smooth as well.

The dealer did a 'scan' and reported "no codes stored" also told me the rough idle is normal because 'VW engines are designed for high performance', something like this.
Hey fyodor,

No I didn't find the cause of this. Ended up trading it in for a '13 R. Sorry.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk