GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY K04, Turbo outlet pipe position, S3 pancake pipe upgrade?

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
Im fitting a K04 to my GTi TSI and im wondering what the best plan is for me cutting/ welding the outlet pipe to fit?

Is there something simple like cutting the silencer off and welding 2" of pipe on at a straight angle, or not so simple and involve some trial fitting?

I ideally want to have it done so its ready to swap one day.

Also, the turbo outlet pipe will then need a silicone bend bought. Is this a 2.5" 45 degree bend by my guessing? To go between turbo new pipe and the standard pancake pipe...

The pancake pipe.. Is it a worthwhile mod to upgrade to the S3 alloy full diameter pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks lilfleck, ive actually fully read your thread before. Had alook again and cant see any discussion in relation to the turbo outlet and pipe sizes being different?

So what does APR etc kits do since their silicone bends are not different diameters at each end.. Maybe i weld on a 2.5" adaptor to the turbo so i just need a 2.5" 45degree hose?

Im awaiting turbo arriving, hopefully tomorrow and then i can have a measure up of that and the pancake pipe..

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I have a spare apr outlet hose at home. I can measure it later, but I'm pretty sure its tapered from turbo outlet to the pancake pipe.

It is 2.00" id to 2.25"id. 2.25"od to 2.5"od

Last edited:

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
That would be great! At least i would then know thats what i need to buy.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I probably still have the invoice with the apr silicone hose p/n on it as well. I will try to pm it to you later.

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
Top guy, the sizes would be great info, part number even better incase they sell separately.

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
So ive found this uprated boost pipe/hose set from Forge: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Up..._for_VW_Scirocco_20_Litre--product--1069.html

That looks like a good shout, as it upgrades both pipes and with a little luck the silicone hose will fit to the K04 welded on adaptor? Or will the hose need to be longer from the K03 one?

The standard S3 alloy outlet pipe is £120 alone, with a useless silicone hose. An extra £75 and ill have the upgraded inlet pipe and hopefully a silicone hose that will do for the K04... Positive thinking..

Ive messaged them to explain the situation, ask ID of hose and if they can supply a longer silicone hose i could cut down...