GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video: MK6 vs MK7 both stock

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
nice, i think mk7 will respond to tunes even better like how the Audi TFSI 2.0T with valve-lifts do...bad news for mk6 owners, we all need k04s

Ammar Haji

It was a good race
I absolutely felt the extra torque in the mk7 jumping a head of me in the first race.
I am looking forward to get my APR Stage1 tune to see what difference does it make.
Be tuned for the tuned version of the race >> very soon!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
looks my stage 1 should be sufficient enough to slowly walk past an mk7. Awesome. mk7 tailights look gross, led pattern is akward. euro led mk6 tails way better

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
When did the valve lift motors start to respond better to tuning than the regular 2.0t?

im just comparing it to what APR currently have for the A4/S4 TFSI with valve lift....their stock power specs are near identical to the Mk7 motor...i mean i can be totally wrong, just my own speculation. Mk7 might make lesss or more power than the audi 2.0tfsi

both motors are 220hp/258tq rated by VW and Audi

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsivl_long.html

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Thanks for a quality video.

most welcome, glad you guys like it :D

It was a good race
I absolutely felt the extra torque in the mk7 jumping a head of me in the first race.
I am looking forward to get my APR Stage1 tune to see what difference does it make.
Be tuned for the tuned version of the race >> very soon!

so the owner of the MK6 in the vid finally spoke lol only him will determine when the stock mk7 vs stage 1 mk6 race will happen :p

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

I didn't know I was supposed to love every new generation of the GTI just because it's the new generation :rolleyes:

But seriously, just because it's a newer model doesn't mean people owning an MK6 is going to love everything about the car. For example I think it's safe to say 90% of the people on here hate the red stripe through the headlight. The guy above doesn't like the tails... it is what it is no need to get defensive.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
As a former MK6 owner I can honestly say that I think that the MK5 looks better than both the MK6 and MK7

And I also do not like the MK7 tails

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
As a former MK6 owner I can honestly say that I think that the MK5 looks better than both the MK6 and MK7

And I also do not like the MK7 tails

the tail lights, it looks like parts of led's are out.

compared to the clean angles of the mk6 aftermarkets

to each his own though. we all have different tastes when it comes to vehicles. Regardless of each others opinions, a lot of you dudes have been super informative and helpful.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The MK7 GTI looks a lot better in person.

I raced one from like 5 cars back and it had some resistance compared to an MK6, I would say it's so close to stage 1 MK6

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Nice vids OP. In for 'tuned' updates and more vids.

Ammar Haji

most welcome, glad you guys like it :D

so the owner of the MK6 in the vid finally spoke lol only him will determine when the stock mk7 vs stage 1 mk6 race will happen :p

as i said very very soon

Last edited:

Ammar Haji

The MK7 GTI looks a lot better in person.

I raced one from like 5 cars back and it had some resistance compared to an MK6, I would say it's so close to stage 1 MK6

upon personal experience (APR 6hr Trial Tune) >> i agree with you