GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT'S THE BEST! YOUR OPINIONS!

Ness7

Hi guys & owners of Golf Mk6 :readthethread:

So I'm about to order my Brand-new Golf 6, first I decided to go with 1.6 TDI because of economy and a torque of Diesel, but TSI seems promising too with 122 PS and 160 PS options.

SO SIMPLY which one feels and IS faster, and what about Fuel Economy?

1.6 TDI or 1.4 TSI.
Waiting for your kind answers.

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
1.4 TSI (Twin charger) all the way!

- Great Gas Mileage
- LOADS of power with just a chip

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_14tsi_twin.html

Ness7

Thanks so much until now for your helpful answers guys :)

ANY other opinion or idea?

or ANY ONE who have driven both of this Engines (cars)???

bozaman

Ready to race!
have you driven either or both? what is your "gut feeling"?

you said that you were prepared to order the 1.6tdi for economy. how much better is the economy of the diesel over the petrol?

here in the usa i considered the 2.0tdi and the 2.0tsi before determining that for my situation there was little/no mid/long-term benefit from the tdi. it was still fun to drive (and the economy and torque were fabulous), but not as much fun as the tsi and the tsi offered even more room to grow, modify and keep having fun in the future.

you need to decide which factors are most important to you and your situation and make that decision. there's not really a wrong answer.

good luck and let us know what you decide.

:thumbup:

TDI110

O_o
I would say take the 2.0 TDI instead if you want torque and fuel economy. I recall a few 1.6 TDI owners not satisfied with the output of the engine. I've driven the 1.4 TSI while I was impressed with the engine itself, I chose TDI because of numerous other reasons, torque being one of them :cool:

In the end it's your choice man - do what you feel.