GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diesel Fuel Prices...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
A full dollar more than regular. :yikes: That just blows... absolutely 0 reason to get a TDI at these prices...

Anyone know the reason as to why the diesel Prices are propped up so high?

zrickety

The Fixer
Diesel is actually cheaper to make than gasoline...the price is so high to make more money from truckers and discourage Americans from buying diesel cars. If it was cheaper than gas most of us would switch what we drive.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Diesel is actually cheaper to make than gasoline...the price is so high to make more money from truckers and discourage Americans from buying diesel cars. If it was cheaper than gas most of us would switch what we drive.

Yup

Hard to push the retarded hybrid's on the uneducated masses if diesel was priced as it should be.

It was 2003 the last time diesel was properly priced and cheaper than unleaded.......and when was the first hybrid pushed out in mass production? Oh, that's right......2002-2003. After the first generation Prius conned enough idiots to buy it and pay for some of the R&D costs they finally came down in price, but still were stupid.....especially when diesel could get comparable mileage and was 30-40 cents cheaper. But the hippies who base their enviromental opinion on the Greenpeace newsletter and not real science and logic wanted to push those piles on the masses.

BTW, here Super is $2.94 at Conoco's (regular is around $2.18), diesel is about $3.23-3.30. Still rather drive a diesel than some underpowered shitbox that can chug over 35mpg using an aspyxiated tiny engine.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The new 1.8 gets pretty damn good mpg. Has nearly the same performance as mk6 gti and runs on regular. Getting the TDI at a huge premium seems foolish

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to continue to be a cheap ass and drive the turdi.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yup

Hard to push the retarded hybrid's on the uneducated masses if diesel was priced as it should be.

It was 2003 the last time diesel was properly priced and cheaper than unleaded.......and when was the first hybrid pushed out in mass production? Oh, that's right......2002-2003. After the first generation Prius conned enough idiots to buy it and pay for some of the R&D costs they finally came down in price, but still were stupid.....especially when diesel could get comparable mileage and was 30-40 cents cheaper. But the hippies who base their enviromental opinion on the Greenpeace newsletter and not real science and logic wanted to push those piles on the masses.

BTW, here Super is $2.94 at Conoco's (regular is around $2.18), diesel is about $3.23-3.30. Still rather drive a diesel than some underpowered shitbox that can chug over 35mpg using an aspyxiated tiny engine.

:clap:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Meh, I owe 17k on my TDI so I may as well drive the piss out of it. I'm less than 50 miles away from 36k on it haha

Gael

Passed Driver's Ed
Diesel was 2.99 for me when I filled up last week, but yeah, it's BS what they did with diesel pricing.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion

FALSE! Last time diesel prices were below Regular unleaded prices was pre ULTRA LOW SULFUR. Since the epa hippies and congress passed all those Global Warming laws, the price of diesel keeps going higher.

You have to realize that once you get the diesel as a byproduct of gas, you then have to refine it ten times more than gas just to meet the EPA emissions guidelines. This is another reason why the fuel pumps fail in this country more than others.

And being a truck driver, you get to write off fuel expenses if you don't get reimbursed by the carrier. Sorry to blow holes in your theory.