GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hot or not. Mk6 bs mk7

I think, that aside from that trick quick mk7 steering rack, the mk6 only really needs a slightly larger rear sway to make the car a touch less understeery...

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I saw this earlier and found it very interesting. Though I didn't catch whether the MK7 they had came with the performance package.

No performance pack. You can tell by the brakes. The PP will have a white "GTI" logo painted on the front calipers. The gap between the PP and regular MK6 would be even larger. LSD and huge brakes ftw!

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
it didn't help that the mk6 tires' rubbed and the suspension bottomed out on undulations.
Not a fair matchup. That mk6 needs oem wheels and obviously, some new dampers.

C and D's lightning lap times for a 2015 non-pp GTI are IDENTICAL to the mk6's time around the same track/ course.

chk 161. and 162.

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...results-historical-lap-times-and-more-feature

That's what I was thinking myself. The wheels and tires were a very big difference between stock and not stock, and then you look at the ride height. A stock height car will not rub unless the damping is super gone, and even then maybe not because it's got good clearance.

I was hoping to see an identical gearbox and oem wheel setup. Oh well, I know sometimes it just doesn't line up that way.

My only real gripe was that they didn't dyno the mk7 and just called the engines 'basically the same' after the tune. It would've went a long way to show the actual power differences between the two. They don't deliver the power the same for sure even after the tune.

I like how the mk6 looked though, ditto for the mk7 GLi hatch errrrrr GTi, yea. ??

Kei

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
C and D's lightning lap times for a 2015 non-pp GTI are IDENTICAL to the mk6's time around the same track/ course.

chk 161. and 162.

Result 136 is also a 2015 GTi at 3:14.6 which is hugely quicker and makes sense to me. I wonder if the 161 result is in bad conditions. I love their lightning-lap videos and results. Always look forward to the next batch of cars.

Kei

Result 136 is also a 2015 GTi at 3:14.6 which is hugely quicker and makes sense to me. I wonder if the 161 result is in bad conditions. I love their lightning-lap videos and results. Always look forward to the next batch of cars.

Kei

Not at all... read the write-up. Says very clearly that the higher torque levels in the 2015 non-pp ruined exit speeds on slower speed corners. The LL is done at the same time every year and in near approximate conditions

The PP mk7 is a beast...and evidence of that is #136. the trick LSD in the PP solves the high torque issues out of corners.

Last edited:

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Not at all... read the write-up. Says very clearly that the higher torque levels in the 2015 non-pp ruined exit speeds on slower speed corners. The LL is done at the same time every year and in near approximate conditions

The PP mk7 is a beast...and evidence of that is #136. the trick LSD in the PP solves the high torque issues out of corners.
Oops, I hadn't realized that #136 was the PP one. That makes complete sense, and makes my head make better sense of why they did it twice for the same car.

Kei

Stinger

Ready to race!
Beating one car or another by a couple seconds is really splitting hair if one only runs the track once. I'd like to see averages of at least 10 laps before looking at numbers.

Also, using a stick vs. a DSG is also going to affect results by a sec or 2 and as everyone knows, using different tires will also play a role in the results.

Looks to me like a infomercial for COBB more than anything else.