GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Value of vws keeps plummeting

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Lol you don't actually think VW is going to go belly up over this, do you?

You think $10bil is a huge deal to them? I'm sure it's a noticeable chunk, but they're not losing sleep over it, and trying to liquidate all assets. Hell, they just produced another Bugatti at a tremendous production to profit loss.

Yea i was trying to explain this point to my father in law. I think VW over all is down only a couple percent and that is entirely due to VWOA.

But i doubt the owner of VW, Audi, Porsche, Skoda, SEAT, Bugatti, Lambo is preparing the storm shelter just yet.

Certainly its not ideal; but they wont be going anywhere any time soon

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I tried to make the trolling clear as day.

Going back to the main topic though...TDI owners have their trade offers from VW locked in for the next two years. So they basically can drive their car for the next two years and only worry about $500ish depreciation due to increased mileage...kind of unfair in my opinion but what are you going to do.

Also assuming you don't crash/total it in the meantime too

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's only nice if you are willing to bet on VW weathering this storm and not filing bankruptcy... ;)

And if you only drive near 1042 miles a month... I drive closer to 3500 a month; so yeah... not such a good deal anymore.
Thats a lot of miles.

I drive maybe 5k miles a year. lol so around 400-450 miles per month.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
It's only nice if you are willing to bet on VW weathering this storm and not filing bankruptcy... ;)

And if you only drive near 1042 miles a month... I drive closer to 3500 a month; so yeah... not such a good deal anymore.

VW will be fine, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico didn't put BP into bankruptcy. The Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska didn't kill Exxon. VW will come out of the entire diesel scandal and get stronger.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Lol you don't actually think VW is going to go belly up over this, do you?

You think $10bil is a huge deal to them? I'm sure it's a noticeable chunk, but they're not losing sleep over it, and trying to liquidate all assets. Hell, they just produced another Bugatti at a tremendous production to profit loss.
Yea i was trying to explain this point to my father in law. I think VW over all is down only a couple percent and that is entirely due to VWOA.

But i doubt the owner of VW, Audi, Porsche, Skoda, SEAT, Bugatti, Lambo is preparing the storm shelter just yet.

VW will be fine, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico didn't put BP into bankruptcy. The Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska didn't kill Exxon. VW will come out of the entire diesel scandal and get stronger.

I don't really think VW will go out of business, no (that was a joke). But you guys do realize this isn't just US based right? And it's $14 billion, not 10 :D

sauceman101

Ready to race!

Yea, there are rumors they're trying to unload Ducati. That'll knock 1.5 to 2 billion off that total bill for them.

most all cars these days have crap resale value because many folks are getting in to new cars with low financing and extended financing.

VW isn't the only one with this problem.