GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going F23T, questions. Valve spring weakness

jon570

Ready to race!
Has the weak valvetrain issue been fixed in the gen 2 tsi? From what ive read it affected gen 1 CC's and Gli's. If i go k04 of f23t, will i have issues with the exhaust valves causing misfires on top end, or do i still need to check my springs to make sure theyre color coded for the good springs

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
Has the weak valvetrain issue been fixed in the gen 2 tsi? From what ive read it affected gen 1 CC's and Gli's. If i go k04 of f23t, will i have issues with the exhaust valves causing misfires on top end, or do i still need to check my springs to make sure theyre color coded for the good springs

Don't

FriggenT1

Banned
But why? Reasons.

I've owned one, it cost me literally thousands more than it should have, the whole thing is made of cheap parts with wastegates that fail.

Let anyone on here tell you, I was their biggest supporter for a long time, there will be a thread and plenty of info in the next few weeks. Go k04 ported and polished.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i think most of the springs were changed in 2012-2013 but to be sure you have to check.

That being said(buy friggin aka mooreeeepowah aka bannedforaminute) get a k04 kit.

jon570

Ready to race!
I've owned one, it cost me literally thousands more than it should have, the whole thing is made of cheap parts with wastegates that fail.

Let anyone on here tell you, I was their biggest supporter for a long time, there will be a thread and plenty of info in the next few weeks. Go k04 ported and polished.

Did you have yours ported by the same company most others do? ( Cant remember the name off hand) I will be looking for your thread.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
SoCal Porting.

I'm curious to see what these new M380H kits do from Mabotech tuning. From my understanding it is the same IHI turbo on the outside but the internals have been ported and the turbine and compressor wheels are different. They seem to be making good power (370whp+). The real question is.... how reliable are they?

http://mabotech.net/product/mabotech-m380h-turbocharger/

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Not to diminish Friggen's experience but I had an F23T on my now sold GTI for over a year and had no issues whatsoever.. Only reason I sold the car is because I had double knee replacement last December and it just became too hard getting in and out of a lowered car.

But I degrees..

Just wanted to offer a differing experience.. Of course YMMV.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk