GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by mully View Post
e85 is corrosive and you have to flow alot more fuel. I think meth would be a better, cheaper way to go.
And already available.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
whalesalad
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White GTI, Manual
I can easily see Forge manufacturing a kit to replace all the lines, injectors, etc... and partnering with Revo to make this happen. That would be serious competition for APR since right now the only way these guys compete is on who has the cheapest K04 and best value with the tune. Apples to apples a stage 1 APR car vs a stage 1 Revo/GIAC car, they're nearly identical. This would be like Mac vs. PC, a radical departure from the current method of competition.

I'd easily invest in a Forge kit that did this if everything that might corrode could be replaced. It would be quite a fun install project and gaining all that extra power would be fantastic. We only have 91 over here on the west coast too!

facebook twitter wheelflip
whalesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
Talk is coming out for the FSI motors because of the fact that they can change their injectors such as when they go from k03 to k04 they run RS4 injectors off an audi. Us tsi owners when we go k04 dont need to change because our injectors were better built. Another reason theres not to much talk about it would be because of the fact that you would have to change all your rubber fuel lines throughout the whole vehicle so the E85 wouldnt eat away at it. Lets let the FSI guys be the ginny pigs then we will see.
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
rracerguy717
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 06 GLI & 12 Tiquan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChippedGTI View Post
Talk is coming out for the FSI motors because of the fact that they can change their injectors such as when they go from k03 to k04 they run RS4 injectors off an audi. Us tsi owners when we go k04 dont need to change because our injectors were better built. Another reason theres not to much talk about it would be because of the fact that you would have to change all your rubber fuel lines throughout the whole vehicle so the E85 wouldnt eat away at it. Lets let the FSI guys be the ginny pigs then we will see.
No need the FSI fuel system is E-85 capable as per VAG Pdf tech doc. I've been running about 25-30 percent mixure for about the last 10K miles. This said I would bet the TSI is also able. Once I'm done testing a new fuel pumps ( higher flowing intank and HPFP ) and other supporting fueling hardware and its capable of 30 + percent more fuel flow needed to run it 100 percent Ill be moving in that direction. Bob G
rracerguy717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
omes4life
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Send a message via AIM to omes4life
This is Deff something im interested in because the closest E85 Station is 10 min away from my house!

idk why but i feel like an E85 Tune wouldnt put down as much power as it should like say on a WRX or EVO. Tuners need to look into E85 Tunes for the GTI because its better all around mainly because the price is a lot cheaper than Californias 91 Horse piss. it would be nice for APR to release a map to run E85 like Stock/91/93/100/E85. even if it was $200+ for the map, ide still pay for IT!

BTW wht do you guys think of running half/half? half 91 with Half E85? you think itd be any different? always wondered
The forge atmospheric blow off valve is required for vtec to kick in
omes4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
SE5spd
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
I'm thinking of doing a some what "custom" build.

PTE6262 with E85 on with a street t00n, my concern is if a bigger turbo such a 6262 will spool good with a not so high red lining car?

Any input?
SE5spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
rracerguy717
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 06 GLI & 12 Tiquan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5spd View Post
I'm thinking of doing a some what "custom" build.

PTE6262 with E85 on with a street t00n, my concern is if a bigger turbo such a 6262 will spool good with a not so high red lining car?

Any input?
There no way around it a bigger exhaust wheel turbo gonna spool later and your power band will be less if your not gonna rev it. . IMO that turbo with .63 ar on E-85 gonna spool mid to high 4K if you have the supporting mods. When you have a bigger turbo like that you need a set of cams with some overlap to help spool It alot of people make that mistake and just slap a BT on. Its all about getting components to work togther. Good luck with the build and take a look @ PPT T-3 full v-band. Ss manifold setup. I would suggest contacting Arnold @PPT and pick his brain he can help you work toward your goal and pair up ANY turbo you choose to his hardware and his customer service is second to none. Bob G
rracerguy717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
JoeVDUB
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Mach 1
Bump. Is there any Vendor with info on this?
JoeVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #23
barische
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: GTI mk7
any update to this?
barische is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #24
marxan
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2011
Driver Motorsport is the only brand I know who is tuning e85, including all the new Audi with factory flexfuel
Revozport Stage 3 Full Body Kit | Rays Te37sl black edition 18'' | Yokohama ad08r 235/40/18 | VWR 6Pots Big Brake Kit + R20 rear brakes | Bilstein PSS 10 | EuroJet TurboBack | APR Intercooler | DM BT tune + BT DSG tune | Peloquin DSG LSD | APR Air Intake + green filter|APR Stage 3 gtx2867 kit | GFB DV+ | INA oil cooler | Defi boost, DSG temp, water temp gauges | Full Alpine Audio Digital Series.... r20 euro bucket seat [color="Red"]
marxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #25
skotcoop
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 4DR CW 2012 GTI 6SPD
Any other updates??
2012 6spd GTI CW /APR stage 2 cast dp & tune/Uni CAI/Neuspeed charge&discharge pipe/GFB DV+/BFI Stg 3/Wavetrac LSD/H&R FSB 26mm/Dieselgeeks/tyrolsport/034 mounts/fluidampr/Raceseng/OEM tinted LED tails/LCA bushings/PolarFIS My build thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96882
skotcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #26
apa11393
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTX30 '12 GTI, '96 Miata
You can do it with Eurodyne
apa11393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #27
erball
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Rolling burnouts
Same with Etuners. Just because APR and Uni don't support it doesn't mean there aren't tuners willing to work with you on it.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #28
apa11393
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTX30 '12 GTI, '96 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
Same with Etuners. Just because APR and Uni don't support it doesn't mean there aren't tuners willing to work with you on it.
Yeah most people are under the impression that you can't do shit with this platform because companies that are actually willing to support cool stuff aren't as well known. Shame.
apa11393 is offline   Reply With Quote