GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #29
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty View Post
haha reminds me of this video
WOW what an ASSHOLE!!!
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR IS38//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
livefast
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Manual
Cops shouldn't be speeding either... (when there is no emergency)

Still, can anyone explain why he pulled up next to me, gave me the finger, then went back to tailgating me. This shit just doesn't make sense. Then he takes off going 100 and cuts me off.

I have nothing against cops, but none of them should behave like that. I don't really feel like arguing this any further.

Next time I don't want to drive at speeds over 85 mph, I'll just use the middle lane.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #31
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 4d/6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by APdubbin View Post
I would like to see a cop win in court for a ticket of 1 mph over speed limit. Even 5 over can be easily challenged in court.
THATS why they dont pull you over at that speed. Not because they are just nice guys.
Yes, they can pull you over but its a waste of time for all parties involved.
You're missing the point entirely. It's not about being able to fight a ticket in court...you can fight most tickets in court to get them tossed out. That's not the point. The point is that it IS illegal to go even 1 MPH over the posted speed limit. The idea that there is a soft limit to the law in this matter is simply absurd. Just because they don't waste their time (usually) to pull you over for 10 or less above the speed limit doesn't mean you are driving within the limits of traffic laws.
Grambles' Unicorn Gym Theory
My Build Thread
Hilfloskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #32
Mr. Skinny
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 2dr. CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefast View Post
By the way, why should cops be allowed to speed during non-emergencies? By all means go ahead and speed if you need to get to an emergency or another law enforcing event, but to leisurely drive in speeds excess of 100mph without lights on seems ridiculous.

Even going 5 mph over can get you a ticket in some areas. Why should the cop be allowed to break the law going 35 over? It doesn't make sense.
Cops are not required to comply with speed limits, etc. so long as they do not endanger the public in doing so.

You have no idea what kind of a call they were on and whether it was an emergency or not. Cops are not required to have their lights and siren on when responding to a call, even if it's an emergency.

Usually, in a case like yours, people will get out of your way with a simple flash of the high beam. Why you didn't confuses me.

If I was ten miles an hour over the speed limit and a cop flashed his high beams at me, I would have pulled over a lane and slowed down to the speed limit.

You were lucky their call wasn't canceled at that moment or I can pretty well guarantee you they would have pulled you over and, at the very least, inconvenienced you for 15 or 20 minutes, and perhaps ticketed you.

Consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by Mr. Skinny; 09-25-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: changed "was" to "wasn't"
Mr. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #33
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilfloskind View Post
You're missing the point entirely. It's not about being able to fight a ticket in court...you can fight most tickets in court to get them tossed out. That's not the point. The point is that it IS illegal to go even 1 MPH over the posted speed limit. The idea that there is a soft limit to the law in this matter is simply absurd. Just because they don't waste their time (usually) to pull you over for 10 or less above the speed limit doesn't mean you are driving within the limits of traffic laws.
Yes youre right... It goes without you saying. Everyone knows that the posted limit means the posted limit.
But what really matters is at what point you get pulled over or not, which is what the OP was clearly concerned about since he was going 10 over. If he was to be concerned about the actual posted speed limit he would of been afraid to go even 1 mph over.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
APdubbin
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
Cops are not required to comply with speed limits, etc. so long as they do not endanger the public in doing so.

You have no idea what kind of a call they were on and whether it was an emergency or not. Cops are not required to have their lights and siren on when responding to a call, even if it's an emergency.

Usually, in a case like yours, people will get out of your way with a simple flash of the high beam. Why you didn't confuses me.

If I was ten miles an hour over the speed limit and a cop flashed his high beams at me, I would have pulled over a lane and slowed down to the speed limit.

You were lucky their call was canceled at that moment or I can pretty well guarantee you they would have pulled you over and, at the very least, inconvenienced you for 15 or 20 minutes, and perhaps ticketed you.

Consider yourself lucky.
Exactly.
If at anytime you get flashed, whether its 5-O or not, move the fuck over.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
bmxr
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG CSG 4dr
Quote:
By the way, why should cops be allowed to speed during non-emergencies? By all means go ahead and speed if you need to get to an emergency or another law enforcing event, but to leisurely drive in speeds excess of 100mph without lights on seems ridiculous.

Even going 5 mph over can get you a ticket in some areas. Why should the cop be allowed to break the law going 35 over? It doesn't make sense.
Neither MDPD nor FHP are "allowed" to go 35 over without lights. Enforcing that is tough though, for obvious reasons. Nice red herring though. My kids blame each other when they know they are wrong, too.

Florida Statute says that unless you are in the right lane already, you are to move over when someone indicates they want to pass you. They are to indicate the desire to pass with "audible signal or upon the visible blinking of the headlamps". I am sure there is statute that specifies getting the hell out of the way for a cop, not to mention the common sense involved.

At least you figured out the middle lane thing
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
omes4life
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Send a message via AIM to omes4life
Wow fail just move over...idk whts so hard about that lol smh
The forge atmospheric blow off valve is required for vtec to kick in
omes4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #37
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
I have to agree that he was wrong to flip you off. He should have lit you up and given you a ticket for obstructing flow of traffic.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #38
Heartagram131
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Golf Sportline UG
haha this is an easy one...

Quote:
I was cruising going 75 mph down 595 in the left lane when a cop starts tailgating me.
in canada... you were risking a ticket. thats called failure to yield. you shouldnt cruise in the left lane. its for passing. also passing on the left is a ticket. he flipped you off cause you were driving like an idiot. i think you are lucky you didnt get pulled over.

this is a major pet peave for alot of people i know. failing to yield is dangerous. it is the cause of tailgating and many accidents. do people ride your ass alot?

do you have a good reason why you couldnt move over? you said that the hwy was clear... why didnt you move when someone flashed you over?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #39
Cwykle99
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Shadow Blue 2011 MK6 2dr w/ sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
FUCK THAT BITCH!!! THIS JUST MAKES ME HATE COPS EVEN MORE!!! I'D LOVE TO GET PULLED OVER BY HIS ASS AND GO AHEAD AND TELL HIM WHAT'S ON MY MIND. COPS CAN BE PRICKS!!! he shouldn't even be a cop if he's tailgaiting other drivers.
We are all dumber for having read that. May God have mercy on your soul.
Cwykle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
Heartagram131
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Golf Sportline UG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
FUCK THAT BITCH!!! THIS JUST MAKES ME HATE COPS EVEN MORE!!! I'D LOVE TO GET PULLED OVER BY HIS ASS AND GO AHEAD AND TELL HIM WHAT'S ON MY MIND. COPS CAN BE PRICKS!!! he shouldn't even be a cop if he's tailgaiting other drivers.
wow you missed the morale of the story too eh?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #41
danielj

Drives: 2013 BMW x135
I love this thread

APR Stage I/ Carbonio Stage I&II Intake/ H&R Super Sports & RSB/ 18" Avant Gardes/ OEM LED Tails/ Some cosmetic stuff/ Now I'm done modding - because I traded it in....
danielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #42
11blueGTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Shadow Blue DSG GTI
Yeah, if he really wanted to do something, even though you were going over the speed limit, he could have pulled you over for impeding the flow of traffic.