GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Dash Cam Install

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
^Nice. Glad the dashcamtalk forum link was able to help you get the real deal at last.

Now put some video samples up!

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
^Nice. Glad the dashcamtalk forum link was able to help you get the real deal at last.

Now put some video samples up!

I'll probably get one of my morning commute to work. It was already dark out and snowing by the time I got home so I couldn't make one tonight.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Definitely looks a lot better. Put some driving videos up so we can see how it handles license plates in day and night.

How's you run the wire for the rear cam?

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Definitely looks a lot better. Put some driving videos up so we can see how it handles license plates in day and night.

How's you run the wire for the rear cam?

I just have the wires out in the open right now. When I get some time I'm going to hardwire the dash cam and hide all the wires. I have the rear cam mounted to the plastic overhang above the rear window so I'll probably tuck the wire into the plastic on the back hatch, run it through the wire tube thing that connects the hatch to the car on the left side and then go along the drivers side footwells.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Looking more and more into this as people progressively get worse at driving. blind spot warning lights, cars that automatically brake before an accident, back up cameras, cars that now can detect a person falling asleep etc...its making people lazy and dependent on technology..giving them more time to text and drive. Love seeing the videos of these on cars in europe, my biggest concern though is theft since its not so common to see in usa.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
First test video. You can see the video jump slightly where the segmented videos are stitched together. YouTube also compresses the videos so watching on HD is still not the full quality of the original video. (If the video says unavailable it's still processing)

Front:

Rear:

Last edited: