GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long do OEM tires last on average?

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
Mine are Pirelli Pzero Nero all season. There seem to be plenty of life in them. The mileage is 35,000. How long should I expect out of them?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Depends on driving style mostly. I think you can get 50k out of them... while some barely crack 20 ;)

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Could last anywhere from 40-60K (I'm guessing). Depends on how you drive mostly. I have 20K on mine and I'm already down to 5/32's left on the tread. Yeah I'm a spirited driver and drive long distances when I do drive. My suggestion would be to get a second set of rims/tires for a summer/winter set up as I did. This could help with the tire life.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Would you guys rather stick with the pirelli p zero neros or go with michelin pilot super sports ?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
PSS for sure. I'm on my 2nd set and when it comes time I'll probably buy a third set. I still have the pzero neros on my stock wheels and last month put them on the car for a week. The traction on the pss is a lot better. I felt like the pzero neros were bouncy, they have a softer sidewall so I felt like I was bouncing around a lot. At the same time there's something about the pzeros that make them feel rougher. I get to about 25 mph or lower and something about the tire just feels really off, like I've got bricks in my tires. They also make a lot more noise. The pss are quieter, smoother, and have better traction.

PSS for sure. I'm on my 2nd set and when it comes time I'll probably buy a third set. I still have the pzero neros on my stock wheels and last month put them on the car for a week. The traction on the pss is a lot better. I felt like the pzero neros were bouncy, they have a softer sidewall so I felt like I was bouncing around a lot. At the same time there's something about the pzeros that make them feel rougher. I get to about 25 mph or lower and something about the tire just feels really off, like I've got bricks in my tires. They also make a lot more noise. The pss are quieter, smoother, and have better traction.

You mean the $120 tires isn't as good as the $212 tires?!

I am looking for new tires, live in Arizona so summer should be fine. Looking for the best bang for the buck. Prices I just mentioned are form Tire Rack from the forum link. Any recommendations?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You mean the $120 tires isn't as good as the $212 tires?!

I am looking for new tires, live in Arizona so summer should be fine. Looking for the best bang for the buck. Prices I just mentioned are form Tire Rack from the forum link. Any recommendations?

Firehawk 500s if you can find them. Dunno why you're bein a smartass with your comment though. I was just answering his question....8 months ago

Last edited: