GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Sub & Amp Install

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
why not wire it into the ignition or something so it turns on and off with the car?

or even better, to the radio, so it only turns on when the radios on!

Yeah....I would have to agree. Connecting to a switched ACC/ignition wire will definitely lessen your chances of a dead battery.

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
BUMP!!! Did anyone else get feedback noise to the sub if you didnt install the switch?

When I power off the stereo/car the sub stays on for about 30-40 sec and during that time if you tap the front doors it builds up to a loud ass rumble in the car. I put the sub controller into the center console next to the traction control button for now but its annoying having to turn it down every time before I shut the car off.

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah....I would have to agree. Connecting to a switched ACC/ignition wire will definitely lessen your chances of a dead battery.

The ignition switch/wire on this car is really really thin and to tap into it you'd prob cut through it. atleast the wire thats easily accessible without cutting open a bunch of wire looms. But I do agree it would help and stop the battery from dying and even help with my feedback issue. I know this is the thin ignition wire since I installed breathalizers for 4 years and this car and the mk5 had the thinest ignition wires I've seen on any car, atleast the easily accessible wire.

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
Try turning down the gain on your amp. Some folks have found that they were running a little too much gain and this caused the feedback issue you mentioned. When they backed off the gain a bit, the feedback went away.

Worth a try anyway!

I'll give it a shot thanks. :thumbup: