GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 4dr Black Gti
034 Motorsport Non Existent Customer Service

I will start off by saying 034 Motorsports customer service is terrible/non existent. So for 3 weeks now I have been waiting on a reply from them about warranting my street density mounts or atleast work with me on getting a new set since they are 2 yrs old with 30k miles. The mounts are starting to fall apart and crack so now I'm stuck buying new mounts since 034 doesn't want to reply. Moral of the story stay away from the street density mounts unless you want them to fall apart and deal with a company who's customer service is awful.
| Apr Ko4 v3.2 | Apr Stage 2 Dsg | Do88 Ic | IE Intake | Circuitwerks Turboback | Ecs Street Shield | R8 Coils | Awe S3 Style Top | Spulen Throttle Pipe | Uni Dv Relocate | 034 Street Density Mounts | 034 Pendulum Mount | Hpa 80A Puck | P3 Gauge | Turbosmart Dv | Osram Headlights | Oem Cherry Led Tails | Bc Br Extreme Lows | Urotuning Rear Sway Bar | Ecs Rear Subframe Brace | Golf R Dutchparts Splitter | CF Side Grilles |
mk6'12gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
It's not the first time I've heard of them falling apart. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #3
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
It's not the first time I've heard of them falling apart. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.
I know Jason Kay had the same problem his fell apart and got real sloppy. So he switched to bfi mounts
| Apr Ko4 v3.2 | Apr Stage 2 Dsg | Do88 Ic | IE Intake | Circuitwerks Turboback | Ecs Street Shield | R8 Coils | Awe S3 Style Top | Spulen Throttle Pipe | Uni Dv Relocate | 034 Street Density Mounts | 034 Pendulum Mount | Hpa 80A Puck | P3 Gauge | Turbosmart Dv | Osram Headlights | Oem Cherry Led Tails | Bc Br Extreme Lows | Urotuning Rear Sway Bar | Ecs Rear Subframe Brace | Golf R Dutchparts Splitter | CF Side Grilles |
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Buy your 034 parts through FCP Euro, they will warranty them for you 100%.. the people there are incredible

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:31 AM   #5
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6'12gti View Post
I will start off by saying 034 Motorsports customer service is terrible/non existent. So for 3 weeks now I have been waiting on a reply from them about warranting my street density mounts or atleast work with me on getting a new set since they are 2 yrs old with 30k miles. The mounts are starting to fall apart and crack so now I'm stuck buying new mounts since 034 doesn't want to reply. Moral of the story stay away from the street density mounts unless you want them to fall apart and deal with a company who's customer service is awful.
Just pick up phone and call and you can take care of the issue in a few minutes.. Email is not a good way to contact most smaller vendors. I have used their parts for years and never had a problem reaching them via phone. They will be responsive. I had those in my car as well. They are warrantied for 1 year. I had mine in for about 4 years and about same mileage and they did start to deteriorate but in fairness I was driving the car hard and at the track. They really are great for normal drivers that don't want any extra NVH but the trade-off is that it is still a rubber mount. Like you I was running K04 with aggressive tune and between the type of canyon driving and track use there is MUCH more heat and that also shortens the life along with all that extra power.

For my next build I used their billet mounts and nothing is going to move and they are designed for the kind of driving and power I have planned for. You could also go poly mounts and they will hold up better to stress, heat etc. and they are much cheaper than the 034 Motorsport billet mounts.

Last edited by GIACUser; 09-21-2018 at 01:05 AM.
GIACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #6
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
Just pick up phone and call and you can take care of the issue in a few minutes.. Email is not a good way to contact most smaller vendors. I have used their parts for years and never had a problem reaching them via phone. They will be responsive. I had those in my car as well. They are warrantied for 1 year. I had mine in for about 4 years and about same mileage and they did start to deteriorate but in fairness I was driving the car hard and at the track. They really are great for normal drivers that don't want any extra NVH but the trade-off is that it is still a rubber mount. Like you I was running K04 with aggressive tune and between the type of canyon driving and track use there is MUCH more heat and that also shortens the life along with all that extra power.

For my next build I used their billet mounts and nothing is going to move and they are designed for the kind of driving and power I have planned for. You could also go poly mounts and they will hold up better to stress, heat etc. and they are much cheaper than the 034 Motorsport billet mounts.
I don't even drive the car hard honestly plus it's never been tracked only daily driving. I guess that's what I am going to have to do call them since they still haven't replied back.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
TimS
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '12 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Buy your 034 parts through FCP Euro, they will warranty them for you 100%.. the people there are incredible
100%. FCP are the best in the business.
TimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #8
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

Well they finally responded to Hs tuning so I had to take more pics of the mounts and send them in so they can look at them. Just waiting now to see if they will warranty them.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:37 AM   #9
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:

I really like their billet stuff - I have had their billet mounts in for about a long while now and itís been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #10
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownish View Post
I really like their billet stuff - I have had their billet mounts in for about a long while now and itís been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is good to hear. The other nice part is that you can refresh them if they become worn.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
My 034 Street Density Mounts have been on for 30K, no issues with them, maybe I should inspect.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #12
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
That is good to hear. The other nice part is that you can refresh them if they become worn.
I just checked my records - I've had the billet mounts in for 24k mi so far and they feel great, look okay on visual inspection. The inserts might need a refresh but the season is closing down so maybe over winter or end of next season. The other mounts I was interested in were those DLI Teknik ones, the combination spring/billet ones that a lot of R32 guys like to run, I think they're Swedish imports?
Old 10-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #13
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Just went through this with them. Lots of back and forth emails before they agreed to have me send them in for a replacement. They wanted me to buy new mounts because they couldn't find the record of the original purchase. I switched to bfi stage 2 mounts and will sell the 034s when they come back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #14
mk6'12gti
Formula 5000 Driver

well they finally decided to warranty my mounts so that's a plus.