GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely great!! Should be a sticky for sure.

If we could get retrofit HID headlight coding in here also, that would be helpful. As well as that bluetooth volume adjustment.

Last edited:

JhnR

Banned
+1 for sticky good job!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Also, thanks to Tim S for sending the sticky PM. This thread is awesome.

Thanks Tim and bubuski for getting it stickied! I do keep updating it, but I don't bother to bump it the top. I also need to get the retrofit section better populated. If anybody wants to add to the thread, please do and I'll put it back into the first or second post so people don't have to dig. :thumbsup:

Link

Ready to race!
Lighting: Fogs as Cornering Lights
Description: if your fog lights are not on, but your headlights are, it will illuminate the fog in the direction you are turning at low speeds)
Check bit 2 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Demonstration Video: MK6 GTI Cornering Lights

Should read "Check bit 7 of byte 14 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper"

Nice write-up BTW:thumbsup:

MosbenGTi

GTI MY08-since 20/10/2007
Hi Guys, sorry for likely obvious question but i was wondering if anyone knows how to code the car if I'm going from OEM LED's back to Halogen Tail lights. (i basically bought LEDs from Germany and they came with a Code box which did all the coding for me and removed the Error codes). I'm now wanting to reverse this process however having issues with doing it. (I'm getting faint illumination on the 2 outer lights, and the inner 2 on the boot lid come on and then turn off). Need help Please :(

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Hey guys, this is a great write up so far! Quick question, has anyone found any issues with staging on a "C" model cluster? Mine says the function is not active so I can't do anything, but I thought C was one that it worked on?

1 other question, how do I change the alt. speed display to mph instead of kph?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fast4life

Ready to race!
Question, is there a way to make the headlights turn on when I unlock the car? Id assume this is the coming home feature but I'm not sure. I have ed's lights and i think it would be cool to have the LED's illuminate when I unlock the car