GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

CrzyP

Ready to race!
For those with the 2012 LED DRL's. If you want them to dim instead of turn completely off when you use your turn signals, you first need to do the coding mentioned on the first post to disable DRL's with turn signals. Then you need to change the coding of your cluster to another country other than USA. After that you should have dimming DRL's with turn signals.

Question though. When you open the door to a Golf R, the cluster needles light up along the the cabin lighting. How do I get my GTI to do the same?

chucka

Ready to race!
Windows: Roll Up/Down with Key
Description: Roll down down your windows with your key remote when you unlock the doors
Check bit 5 of byte 3 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper
Option: If you want to be able to do this when the car is turned on, check bit 7 of byte 3
Option: Enable your lock switch on the door to roll all windows up/down without a key present, check bits 3, 4, and 7 of byte 3
Pic tutorial: Comfort Closing/Opening via Remote Control

I did this today cause I was itching do another vagcom tweak.

It worked but for some reason the rear right window doesn't go down or up with it. It does with the key fob. No biggie to me just thought I mention it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Definitely used this twice already for Local VAGCOM dealings :thumbsup:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I did this today cause I was itching do another vagcom tweak.

It worked but for some reason the rear right window doesn't go down or up with it. It does with the key fob. No biggie to me just thought I mention it.

I just tested to make sure I wasn't wrong first, and this works correctly on my windows. I wonder if you need to reset something? :iono:

Definitely used this twice already for Local VAGCOM dealings :thumbsup:

Great! :thumbsup:

GTIIIIIIIII!!!!

Ready to race!
LED tails with rear fog

Anyone have problems getting the rear fog to light up? I just checked the wiring and all is good there. I think we tried both code 15 and 22. Verifying that right now.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Cool! Thanks! I updated the main post with this. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to decide if I like it or not paired with DSG. I think I like it fine, so I'll probably just leave it alone, but it's good that it can be turned off.

No problem!

I've been driving around with it off for a while now and honestly I'm not even sure if its different from putting the HHC to low. Although, there's not many hilly areas in the Toronto area that I drive in. I'll keep testing!

nik

Go Kart Champion
Tear Drop for front wipers

Courtesy of the tex
LINK

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Complicated subject, but if you have a good summary of vcds changes for aftermarket or euro seats, it would be good to post here.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Great post, veedoubleme. Thanks!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Complicated subject, but if you have a good summary of vcds changes for aftermarket or euro seats, it would be good to post here.

If somebody posts it here, or even a link to that, I'll put it under retrofits (2nd post). :thumbsup: